Windows 10: DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar

Discus and support DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm using DuckDuckGo as a search engine in Edge but would like to set it also in search bar. Is it doable? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PiotrChabinka, Jan 6, 2020.

1. DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar

I'm using DuckDuckGo as a search engine in Edge but would like to set it also in search bar. Is it doable?

Thanks.

:)

PiotrChabinka, Jan 6, 2020
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Jan 6, 2020
  3. LCRT Win User
    search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Jan 6, 2020
  4. DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar

Can't change the default address bar search engine in Microsoft Edge

I tried changing my default search engine from the Advanced setting but when I search in the address bar there are no results. There is an error saying:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried almost all popular search engines such as Google, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, etc. But none of them is working except Bing.

This is the screenshot of the error: Dropbox - Link not found

Please help as I want to use Edge but this problem is something that's in my way.

AnishShekhawat, Jan 6, 2020
  5. Can't change the default address bar search engine in Microsoft Edge

I tried changing my default search engine from the Advanced setting but when I search in the address bar there are no results. There is an error saying:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried almost all popular search engines such as Google, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, etc. But none of them is working except Bing.

This is the screenshot of the error: Dropbox - Link not found

Please help as I want to use Edge but this problem is something that's in my way.

AnishShekhawat, Jan 6, 2020
  6. Search Engine Bar

Hi Iqra,

Your idea about removing the visible bar/search bar on top of your browser screen can be beneficial to others who share the same sentiment as yours.

We suggest that you submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so we can do a further investigation on this. Submitting your feedback to the Windows Feedback hub will help us gather information regarding your concern so we can determine what's causing the issue.
    Your feedback will also help collate bugs and known issues, as well as the suggestions that will help improve the Windows operating system. Using the collected data, the engineers will come up with an update that will improve Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Jan 6, 2020
  7. Search Engine Bar

Hi Iqra,

Your idea about removing the visible bar/search bar on top of your browser screen can be beneficial to others who share the same sentiment as yours.

We suggest that you submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so we can do a further investigation on this. Submitting your feedback to the Windows Feedback hub will help us gather information regarding your concern so we can determine what's causing the issue.
    Your feedback will also help collate bugs and known issues, as well as the suggestions that will help improve the Windows operating system. Using the collected data, the engineers will come up with an update that will improve Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar

1. DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - DuckDuckGo search engine

2. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  3. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  4. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Instructions for adding DUCKDUCKGO as search engine in EDGE of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instructions for adding DUCKDUCKGO as search engine in EDGE of Windows 11: Can DUCKDUCKGO be added as a search engine in EDGE WIndows 11. If so please include instructions on how to add DUCKDUCKGO as the search engine in EDGE Windows 11...
  6. Instructions for adding DUCKDUCKGO as search engine in EDGE of Windows 11

Instructions for adding DUCKDUCKGO as search engine in EDGE of Windows 11: Can DUCKDUCKGO be added as a search engine in EDGE WIndows 11. If so please include instructions on how to add DUCKDUCKGO as the search engine in EDGE Windows 11...
  7. DuckDuckGo vs Google search

DuckDuckGo vs Google search: Let's say I am tired of ads showing up on my regular browse, like reading newspaper on line, would switching to DDG resolve the issue of being tracked. Would DDG search result as good as Google? Appreciate any comments and education.
  8. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  9. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  10. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duckduckgo search engine windows 10

2. duck go for windows 10

3. win 10 explorer not allowing duckduckgo

4. windows 10 search bar duckduckgo,
  5. windows 10 search duckduckgo,
  6. search in the address bar with duck duck go,
  7. duck duck go not showing as search engine option on windows 10,
  8. duckduckgo not working in windows 10,
  9. pin duck duck go to task bar windows 10,
  10. win 10 how to make duckduckgo your search engine