Windows 10: DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail

Discus and support DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I switched to Duck about 6 + months ago after reading about Duck's improved privacy search criteria but I have come to find out that more often then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phaedruspress, Apr 2, 2020.

1. DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail

I switched to Duck about 6 + months ago after reading about Duck's improved privacy search criteria but I have come to find out that more often then not Duck's search does not lead to the results that I am looking for. Now I am the first to admit that I might be "searching" incorrectly but if so I'll let others school me.

I use Brave browser. The only extensions I have enabled are uBlock Origin generic (installed it and made no alterations) and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. When I search for "consumer reports may 2020" with no parenthesis in Duck this is what I get:

consumer reports may 2020 at DuckDuckGo

No info on consumer reports may 2020.

However still using brave if I go to GOOGLE and search for "consumer reports may 2020" with no parenthesis I get the exact info I am looking for:

consumer reports may 2020 - Google Search

If I search for "consumer reports may 2020" WITH parenthesis in Duck still nothing.

So is that just the trade off using Duck or do I need to tweak the settings. Frankly when I can get away with it I prefer set it and forget it and I am not of the mind to go bat shit crazy making all kinds of adjustments to Duck or uBlock Origin. GOOGLE most likely already know more about me then my family so I am thinking of just going back to GOOGLE's search engine. Thoughts appreciated. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Apr 2, 2020
  2. golfer78 Win User

DuckDuckGo

What is DuckDuckGo popup when using Google

golfer78, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    DuckDuckGo

DuckDuckGo is an alternate front end for Google. They claim to not store user info so they don't use it to filter searchs, there no advertising. In theory it should be faster. Here is the wiki page for it:
    DuckDuckGo - Wikipedia

I don't know why it would pop up at random. It can be set as the default search engine, but that is an all the time setting.

Rohn007, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail

1. DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail - Similar Threads - DuckDuckGo Google Fail

2. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  4. DuckDuckGo vs Google search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DuckDuckGo vs Google search: Let's say I am tired of ads showing up on my regular browse, like reading newspaper on line, would switching to DDG resolve the issue of being tracked. Would DDG search result as good as Google? Appreciate any comments and education.
  5. The rise of DuckDuckGo

in Browsers and Email
    The rise of DuckDuckGo: The rise of DuckDuckGo because of people doesn't want being tracking online. I still prefer Google what do you think guys? 184186
  6. Change the DuckDuckGo page?

in Browsers and Email
    Change the DuckDuckGo page?: I like using DuckDuckGo, but their webpage is loaded with... junk. Does anyone know of a way to remove all that stuff that ISN'T in the BLUE box? Thanks. 180555
  7. Google Vs Brave

in Browsers and Email
    Google Vs Brave: Which one do you prefer guys on laptop ? 172884
  8. DuckDuckGo censors results

in Browsers and Email
    DuckDuckGo censors results: Of all the search engines, I'd always imagined Google + Bing to be more censorious than DuckDuckGo - indeed Google gets millions of requests a year to not list pirate material. For some reason, I thought DDG more liberal - wrong ! Today, something jogged my memory and I did...
  9. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...