Windows 10: Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit...

Discus and support Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks submitted by /u/Xelon1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsto6u/due_to_sudden_power_outage_my_computer_is_showing/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xelon1, Feb 26, 2021.

1. /u/Xelon1 Win User

Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit...

/u/Xelon1, Feb 26, 2021

2. Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

Due to the pandemic, my area has seen a surge in the frequency of power outages which out of nowhere seem to destroy my ongoing work. This happens usually for 3-4 times a week which not only has destroyed some of my best work but has also impacted windows
    installed on my PC. The system however has an SSD and i dont see any speed issues or whatsoever, yet i got corrupt files in the sfc /scannow. This happened 3 times and now iam worried for my system cause its a new drive installed back in January and it's life
    might be shortened. I can't get out for some reason and really cant buy a power backup.

Here to ask how to prevent any major failures from the sudden outages. Or if there aren't any working methods i want to ask for how many outages would it take for my ssd to fail completely? I would greatly appreciate any help at the moment. Thank you.

KANISHKdaGreat, Feb 26, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

Hi KANISHKdaGreat

You may experience corrupt files after your PC has been suddenly shut down during a power outage, that is to be expected, and will not have a long term affect on your PC or Windows

Your SSD is not likely to be damaged by the sudden loss of power and this will not shorten the lifespan of your SSD

The main thing to do during a power outage is to disconnect the PC from the mains electricity as soon as the power cuts, you do not want that connected when the power returns, because you an get a power spike through the mains which can damage the components
    of your PC. Always wait a minute or two after the power returns before powering up your PC, because a power spike couple damage your motherboard, SSD . . etc.

DaveM121, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit...

Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit...

1. Due to sudden power outage, my computer is showing can't sign into profile. I tried regedit... - Similar Threads - Due sudden power

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?: I have an HP elitedesk running win11. After a power outage, it won't let me sign in; it just keeps telling me that the sign-in option has been disabled because of multiple failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns neither of which are true. It then tells me to use a...
  4. Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?

Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?: I have an HP elitedesk running win11. After a power outage, it won't let me sign in; it just keeps telling me that the sign-in option has been disabled because of multiple failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns neither of which are true. It then tells me to use a...
  5. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2, I lost power while performing a whole drive Bitlocker encryption on a USB SSD drive. After rebooting, can't unlock drive only choice. I get the following error: BitLocker encryptiton on the drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows....
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2, I lost power while performing a whole drive Bitlocker encryption on a USB SSD drive. After rebooting, can't unlock drive only choice. I get the following error: BitLocker encryptiton on the drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows....
  7. Bitlocker Encryption Interrupted due to power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  9. "Stop Code" errors when computer restarts due to a power outage

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Stop Code" errors when computer restarts due to a power outage: How do I correct stop code errors which result from unexpected power outages. I have had two incidents recently where the power goes out while the computer sits idle and the stop code blue screen deaths occur. One is the "critical process died," while the second is about...
  10. Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden power outages and corrupt windows: Due to the pandemic, my area has seen a surge in the frequency of power outages which out of nowhere seem to destroy my ongoing work. This happens usually for 3-4 times a week which not only has destroyed some of my best work but has also impacted windows installed on my PC....