Windows 10: Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

Discus and support Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, after i fixed my moms pc, she said i might be able to have it, this pc has a pentium quadcore from 2015 or so, my current laptop has a intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

So, after i fixed my moms pc, she said i might be able to have it, this pc has a pentium quadcore from 2015 or so, my current laptop has a intel celeron 1017u, i am wondering, though i think they have the same basic speed and ram, would the pentium perform better than celeron also from 2015 or 2011 maybe when playing something like minecraft?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Apr 27, 2021

2. Quad core computer only detecting one core

I have a HP 15-bs020wm Intel Pentium n3710 quad core. 1 month after I started using it, I noticed that it was running slow. I check task manager and it says 1 core and 1 logical processor. Then I checked msconfig and it also said 1 core. Finally I checked
    device manager and it said all 4 processors were installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raybom4545, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Wiggy1965 Win User
    I have an Intel Celeron 1,6GHZ Duel Core Processor. Will I be able to run Flight Simulator Steam or do I need to upgrade the processor?

Original Title: Microsoft Flight Simulator

I have an Intel Celeron 1,6GHZ Duel Core Processor. Will I be able to run Flight Simulator Steam or do I need to upgrade the processor?

Wiggy1965, Apr 27, 2021
  4. jaxxxx Win User

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro Machine on a Pentium D 920, to a Windows 7, then to a dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 10 Pro. It runs rather well, hard to believe but the newer GPU I installed has helped with the display, videos, and graphic rendering overall.

I have upgraded 3 times, the GPU, and current have a cheaper priced very good fit for this PC, an MSI made Geforce 730 GT with GDDR5 (Works like a charm for $20 USD). I originally had a GT 9400 which was okay, but gave me a lot of problems when I finally was able to do the second major update to Windows 10 Pro, the 1511 version, build 10586.420. The first and original video card when I purchased this back in 2006, was an nForce 500 series. Wow, talk about old times! However, doing the recent graphics upgrades, I am amazed at the speed for web browsing, videos, and photo editing. I use this PC mainly for ESRI's ArcMap 10.3, which is a resource hog. When I put the newer GPU in, I noticed quite a better overall performance - on the graphics side, but of course that doesn't affect the CPU. I can get away with what I have, it really isn't bad at all, but if I could speed up opening programs, multitasking better, and overall performance not just in graphics, I would be willing to take the chance.

Believe it or not, the Core Duo 2 Quad, that as a brand new processor is a HOT item, being a lot of DELL OptiPlex 750s (which are a lot of them out there throughout the world) have the ability to upgrade from a D to a Core Duo 2 quad. Having said that, I have seen brand new in box selling at over 1,000 USD. Most are going for near or at $400 USD. You can buy a used one on eBay, take a chance, and get one for $60-80 USD

Okay, with that out of the way, can anyone guide me to a better source which will let me know if this Mobo can hold from a Pentium D 920 on Socket 775 LGA Motherboard, Intel - D975WT2G1, chipset i975x, core voltage at 1.29 65 nm, Instructions MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T VT-x, FSB @ 800 MHz, PCI Express x 16 (One), 3 other PCI slots. I can give you the CPU-Z screen shots if that is better...

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? [​IMG]

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. As far as I could see as a definite, I can upgrade to a higher Pentium D, or the Pentium Extreme Edition, just before they released the Core Duo. However, I have seen others who did the upgrade from a Pentium D to a Core Dou 2 Quad, Especially this one, which is VERY HIGH Priced New:
    Intel® Core2 Quad Processor Q9450

jaxxxx, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

1. Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? - Similar Threads - Duel core celeron

2. Intel Celeron 3865U quad core : can it run Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Celeron 3865U quad core : can it run Windows 11: Name :Sam Awolaja Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-celeron-3865u-quad-core-can-it-run-windows/02c8fd11-8103-4303-be8b-f4397a885b24
  3. Intel Celeron 3865U quad core : can it run Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Celeron 3865U quad core : can it run Windows 11: Name :Sam Awolaja Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-celeron-3865u-quad-core-can-it-run-windows/02c8fd11-8103-4303-be8b-f4397a885b24
  4. intel pentium dual core e5200

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel pentium dual core e5200: Is intel pentium dual core e5200 good enough for running windows 10?I have 3GB of ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-pentium-dual-core-e5200/dd449336-bc87-449c-9577-f642f11e2fe7
  5. Celeron Dual Core Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Celeron Dual Core Issue: I have a laptop equipped with Celeron Dual Core processor. In the present time, I am using Windows 10 and when I used my laptop during the work, I face many lags due to the slow speed of the processor. Today, I receive the update of the Windows 11 and I am not sure that I...
  6. Celeron Dual Core Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Celeron Dual Core Issue: I have a laptop equipped with Celeron Dual Core processor. In the present time, I am using Windows 10 and when I used my laptop during the work, I face many lags due to the slow speed of the processor. Today, I receive the update of the Windows 11 and I am not sure that I...
  7. Celeron Dual Core Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Flight Simulator 2020 - Quad Core

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight Simulator 2020 - Quad Core: Hi Microsoft,I am looking to buy the new FS2020.Does the game need a fast single core PC? Or will it work on a Quad Core processor?If so is there a recommended spec for a Quadcore processor?...
  9. Quad Core Host -- should I assign 2 cores to a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Quad Core Host -- should I assign 2 cores to a VM: Hi there I can't quite work out whether I should assign 2 cores out of a 4 core processor (AMD OPTERON X3421 APU} to a VM running a fairly intensive DB system (MiniSAP or SAP ABAP 7.50 minisap) which has to run on a Linux machine - so I've got it on a Centos VM. This...
  10. Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?: You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro...