Windows 10: Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

Discus and support Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, after i fixed my moms pc, she said i might be able to have it, this pc has a pentium quadcore from 2015 or so, my current laptop has a intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

So, after i fixed my moms pc, she said i might be able to have it, this pc has a pentium quadcore from 2015 or so, my current laptop has a intel celeron 1017u, i am wondering, though i think they have the same basic speed and ram, would the pentium perform better than celeron also from 2015 or 2011 maybe when playing something like minecraft?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Apr 27, 2021

2. Quad core computer only detecting one core

I have a HP 15-bs020wm Intel Pentium n3710 quad core. 1 month after I started using it, I noticed that it was running slow. I check task manager and it says 1 core and 1 logical processor. Then I checked msconfig and it also said 1 core. Finally I checked
    device manager and it said all 4 processors were installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raybom4545, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Wiggy1965 Win User
    I have an Intel Celeron 1,6GHZ Duel Core Processor. Will I be able to run Flight Simulator Steam or do I need to upgrade the processor?

Original Title: Microsoft Flight Simulator

I have an Intel Celeron 1,6GHZ Duel Core Processor. Will I be able to run Flight Simulator Steam or do I need to upgrade the processor?

Wiggy1965, Apr 27, 2021
  4. jaxxxx Win User

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro Machine on a Pentium D 920, to a Windows 7, then to a dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 10 Pro. It runs rather well, hard to believe but the newer GPU I installed has helped with the display, videos, and graphic rendering overall.

I have upgraded 3 times, the GPU, and current have a cheaper priced very good fit for this PC, an MSI made Geforce 730 GT with GDDR5 (Works like a charm for $20 USD). I originally had a GT 9400 which was okay, but gave me a lot of problems when I finally was able to do the second major update to Windows 10 Pro, the 1511 version, build 10586.420. The first and original video card when I purchased this back in 2006, was an nForce 500 series. Wow, talk about old times! However, doing the recent graphics upgrades, I am amazed at the speed for web browsing, videos, and photo editing. I use this PC mainly for ESRI's ArcMap 10.3, which is a resource hog. When I put the newer GPU in, I noticed quite a better overall performance - on the graphics side, but of course that doesn't affect the CPU. I can get away with what I have, it really isn't bad at all, but if I could speed up opening programs, multitasking better, and overall performance not just in graphics, I would be willing to take the chance.

Believe it or not, the Core Duo 2 Quad, that as a brand new processor is a HOT item, being a lot of DELL OptiPlex 750s (which are a lot of them out there throughout the world) have the ability to upgrade from a D to a Core Duo 2 quad. Having said that, I have seen brand new in box selling at over 1,000 USD. Most are going for near or at $400 USD. You can buy a used one on eBay, take a chance, and get one for $60-80 USD

Okay, with that out of the way, can anyone guide me to a better source which will let me know if this Mobo can hold from a Pentium D 920 on Socket 775 LGA Motherboard, Intel - D975WT2G1, chipset i975x, core voltage at 1.29 65 nm, Instructions MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T VT-x, FSB @ 800 MHz, PCI Express x 16 (One), 3 other PCI slots. I can give you the CPU-Z screen shots if that is better...

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? [​IMG]

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. As far as I could see as a definite, I can upgrade to a higher Pentium D, or the Pentium Extreme Edition, just before they released the Core Duo. However, I have seen others who did the upgrade from a Pentium D to a Core Dou 2 Quad, Especially this one, which is VERY HIGH Priced New:
    Intel® Core2 Quad Processor Q9450

jaxxxx, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

1. Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium? - Similar Threads - Duel core celeron

2. How to update a quad core processor drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to update a quad core processor drivers?: Hello, so I got an I5-2400 with quad-core I'm not quite the pc man and how do I update the drivers if there are 4? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-a-quad-core-processor-drivers/dbcf8df8-7303-439c-9f96-22dbb959c45b
  3. MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question...I have an old MSI Netbook. It originally came with Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 LTSC. I read that LTSC is good for PC's with 1 or 2GB of RAM. I think it's like a stripped-down version of Windows 10. It has no...
  4. MSI GForce 2080 RTX Super compatibility with Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI GForce 2080 RTX Super compatibility with Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0...: Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Pro (MS-7971), apparently it only does 4 cores max, so that's what I'm dealing with. When I built my rig, I made very sure that when the time came, I could just switch in another video card for the one that died. No PSU issues, 750W gold Corsair. 32G...
  5. Windows 10 1803 and AMD A4 6210 Quad Core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1803 and AMD A4 6210 Quad Core: Hi, I'm having my Acer Aspire E5-521 for almost 5 years. When I bought it new I installed Windows 8.1 Pro, and installed Windows 10 in November 2015. It worked well until Creators Update, when I got back to Windows 8.1. It still works very well even with slow 5.4K RPM HDD....
  6. AMD UI Won't Install 1709,1809,19H1/ Ryzen Quad Core

AMD UI Won't Install 1709,1809,19H1/ Ryzen Quad Core: I tried almost everything, but the AMD UI won't install on 1709,1809 and 19H1. Out of 30 fresh install, I've seen the RadeonSettings.exe only ounce (18312 or 17). Searching Radeon on C: returns no result. If I don't install the Lenovo driver ( r0uru03w.exe) before enabling...
  7. AMD UI Won't Install 1709,1809,19H1/ Ryzen Quad Core

in Windows 10 Support
    AMD UI Won't Install 1709,1809,19H1/ Ryzen Quad Core: I tried almost everything, but the AMD UI won't install on 1709,1809 and 19H1. Out of 30 fresh install, I've seen the RadeonSettings.exe only ounce (18312 or 17). Searching Radeon on C: returns no result. If I don't install the Lenovo driver ( r0uru03w.exe) before enabling...
  8. Quad Core Host -- should I assign 2 cores to a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Quad Core Host -- should I assign 2 cores to a VM: Hi there I can't quite work out whether I should assign 2 cores out of a 4 core processor (AMD OPTERON X3421 APU} to a VM running a fairly intensive DB system (MiniSAP or SAP ABAP 7.50 minisap) which has to run on a Linux machine - so I've got it on a Centos VM. This...
  9. Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?: You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro...
  10. New Intel Pentium Silver and Intel Celeron Processors

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Pentium Silver and Intel Celeron Processors: Intel delivers industry-leading innovations and creates new experiences across its portfolio products. Today, Intel unveils the all-new Intel Pentium® Silver and Intel Celeron® processors. The new Intel Pentium Silver and Intel Celeron processors are based on Intel’s...