Windows 10: Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update

Discus and support Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First let me say that I am a Computer Technician by Trade. I understand the technical things and I am willing and able to put in the work to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R.C.Halter, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update

First let me say that I am a Computer Technician by Trade. I understand the technical things and I am willing and able to put in the work to get this FIXED.

I have Duel Displays setup. Normally I have my Primary Display on the right with the Secondary Display to the Left(Revers of Windows Default). Depending on what I'm doing I disable one or the other, but until I upgraded from Windows 10 1803 to 1809 this had no effect on my Display Settings.

After the upgrade to 1809, my Display Settings have become more or less Broken. I'll list the details of my System below, but the short of it is that the Location's, Refresh Rates and Default Primary Display are Broken. I updated the Drivers for my GPU and it had no effect. I tried to configure the displays in the Nvidia Control Panel instead of using Windows Display Settings to no effect. I used Display Driver Uninstaller to Clean and Reinstall the Drivers but still No Go.

I am forced to go into Display Settings or Nvidia Control Panel to Move the Displays around, Set Default and Change Refresh Rates after every Reboot. The only setting that doesn't break(At least it doesn't get Disabled) is G-Sync on my Gaming Monitor, but as the Refresh Rate on both displays is defaulting to 60hz... You get the point.

Yeah this is really annoying.

My GPU is an ASUS Strix GTX970 running Nvidia Driver 416.6
    My Displays are:
    Primary (Display 1 in Display Settings) Acer Preditor XB241H with a Stock Refresh Rate of 144hz, connected via Display Port and G-Sync Enabled in Full Screen only(The Only Setting that Stays).
    Secondary (Display 2 in Display Settings) Insignia 32" TV NS-32E440A13 set to Stock 60hz, connected via HDMI with no special settings.

I've looked at things like Steam Game Streaming or other Windows Services that have been reported to have an effect on Display Settings but nothing I've done has resolved the problem.

:)

R.C.Halter, Oct 14, 2018
  2. yogalD Win User

Settings links broken

Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it would be most welcome.

• In Settings>System>About, clicking "Device Manager" at the bottom of the page results in an error:
      Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update [​IMG]
    • Every link to Device Manager in Settings gives the same error
    • System>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Color Management, Color Calibration, ClearType text, and Display adapter properties give an error
    • Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional mouse options: error again
    • Network & Internet>Change adapter options: error
    • Probably many more links are broken, I didn't bother to check.
    Seriously, WTF Microsoft. And I'm usually the one who never has any problems with Windows, so this must be serious.

yogalD, Oct 14, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update

1. Duel Display Settings Broken by Windows 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Duel Display Settings

2. duel monitors display freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duel monitors display freezes randomly: Hi, I'm using a duel monitor setting. My laptop screen is the secondary display and my external monitor is the primary one. Occasionally the entire display freezes randomly both screens. When I plug the HDMI cable out and then back in, it usually works out but sometimes I...
  3. duel monitors display freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duel monitors display freezes randomly: Hi, I'm using a duel monitor setting. My laptop screen is the secondary display and my external monitor is the primary one. Occasionally the entire display freezes randomly both screens. When I plug the HDMI cable out and then back in, it usually works out but sometimes I...
  4. duel monitors display freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Windows Update" page broken in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Windows Update" page broken in settings: So in my laptop, windows update page is broken.......can anyone help?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-broken-in-settings/a42e64af-2660-40fd-9ffc-a236c6873976
  6. Display Settings Broken

Display Settings Broken: Hi, I have a problem with my settings. When I try to open the Display settings the app crashes.I published a video about that. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-broken/71218dec-d1a9-4e75-a1ec-0bd5bbbffeda
  7. Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...

Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...: Hello to all readers of this post! I've recently done a clean installation of Windows 10 (1809) on my computer and updated the system and drivers to the latest as needed. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] (Here's a list of updates that are currently installed in the system.)...
  8. Password sync broken after update to 1809

Password sync broken after update to 1809: After updating to 1809 my machine is syncing but it does not sync all web passwords to credential manager (approx. 50%). I have clean installed and the problem persists. On another PC running 1803 it still works and on Edge for Android it still syncs all passwords. Any...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1809-notification-area-is-broken/c3d118d4-62c9-471f-b62f-33e8e49369b2
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. broken display adaptor after windows update 1809

2. 1809 notifications on external monitors

3. windows 10 1809 broke nvidia

4. windows update 1809 boken