Windows 10: Dull Desktop Background Colors?

Discus and support Dull Desktop Background Colors? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, does anyone know why when I set an image as my desktop background, the colors are much duller than the original image? Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/venisonsneers, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Dull Desktop Background Colors?

Dull Desktop Background Colors? Z25O-g7Z2WoQfpZEUZmgvP2RKetZaDduBLd13Val2v4.jpg

Hi, does anyone know why when I set an image as my desktop background, the colors are much duller than the original image?

Desktop Version

Original Image

Thanks for any help rectifying this. The original image is a jpeg btw.

I just realised as well that the colors look much better when viewing the original image in the Windows 10 Photos app. Just looking at the images I've provided, it still looks nowhere near as good as in the app.

submitted by /u/venisonsneers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/venisonsneers, Aug 18, 2020

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Dull screen needs help

Bulldogxx I tried both ways suggested the article that offered step by step and neither system solved the dull colors, dull screen problem. All they did was rearrange my desktop. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about the sassy rejoinder to your sassy remark, I think they are both funny now that I am old and don't take myself seriously.

karencarpenterZA, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Dull Desktop Background Colors?

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Dull Desktop Background Colors?

1. Dull Desktop Background Colors? - Similar Threads - Dull Desktop Background

2. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  3. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  4. Screen colors feels dull!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen colors feels dull!: This is how my screen looks like when laptop is running on battery.This is how it looks when laptop is plugged in.Both images are taken in night light mode 65%Either my eyes.exe stopped working or there is some problem with my laptop coz i see both of them same and i feel...
  5. Screen colors feels dull!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen colors feels dull!: This is how my screen looks like when laptop is running on battery.This is how it looks when laptop is plugged in.Both images are taken in night light mode 65%Either my eyes.exe stopped working or there is some problem with my laptop coz i see both of them same and i feel...
  6. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  7. Windows 10 colors dull

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 colors dull: Hello guys, I had my pc on for a while and my monitor turned to screen save mode and when I turned it back on all my colors were faded or dull. I don’t know how to turn them back. Can someone help me please? submitted by /u/TheN00dleMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  9. Win10 Background and desktop colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Background and desktop colors: I installed Win 10 on my Pavilion dv6. I tried to set different background & desktop colors. I tried the high contrast setting at one point but returned it to normal. I can't remember all the color changes I did try. In any case, the changes made Photoshop .jpgs appear...
  10. desktop background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background color: to whom it may concern, how do I change the desktop background color to white with black text, that I can read and see, i'm color blind thank you, for the help..e.h....