Windows 10: Dull display on Windows 10

Discus and support Dull display on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This isn't the first time I've had this issue, and not sure how it was resolved last time. The desktop icons are "dimmed" and light up when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PJZoulias, Mar 8, 2019.

1. PJZoulias Win User

Dull display on Windows 10

This isn't the first time I've had this issue, and not sure how it was resolved last time. The desktop icons are "dimmed" and light up when I click on the start menu. This is particularly difficult for me as I'm visually impaired and brightness/contrast levels are crtitical. Some potentially relevant background:

• Win 10 desktop, no light sensor on my monitor or anything.

• Power settings set to "samsung high performance". Followed some goggle link and double checked adapative brightness and some other stuff hadn't been set incorrectly. It wasn't.

• I occassionally switch to High Res theme, and have DPI scaling in place

• I don't know for sure, but I think this issue resurfaced at around the time I updated my nvidia drivers.

• When hunting for possible relevant menu options, I saw a "focus assist" item. I don't know if relevant, or what it does, because clicking on it leads to a "crash" (window just closes).

Any ideas?

***Original title: Desktop "auto dimming" - not power option related***

:)

PJZoulias, Mar 8, 2019

2. Dull screen needs help

Bulldogxx I tried both ways suggested the article that offered step by step and neither system solved the dull colors, dull screen problem. All they did was rearrange my desktop. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about the sassy rejoinder to your sassy remark, I think they are both funny now that I am old and don't take myself seriously.

karencarpenterZA, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Dorty Win User
    dull display

Dull display, Radeon settings are currently not available

Dorty, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Dull display on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dull display

2. Snipping tool returns dull bad colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool returns dull bad colors: I Have an Asus VivoBook M65000XV bought a few month ago.This is new - And really a probleme for my job as I use screenshot 100 time a day for my reports.Suddenly every time I use the snip & sketch tool or screenshot > my screenshot images are all dull in color like a grey...
  3. Snipping tool returns dull bad colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool returns dull bad colors: I Have an Asus VivoBook M65000XV bought a few month ago.This is new - And really a probleme for my job as I use screenshot 100 time a day for my reports.Suddenly every time I use the snip & sketch tool or screenshot > my screenshot images are all dull in color like a grey...
  4. Need Help with Windows 11 Installation - Monitor Screen Appears Dull

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with Windows 11 Installation - Monitor Screen Appears Dull: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my PC, and I've encountered an issue with my monitor screen. It seems like the brightness is extremely low, even though it's not set that way. I've attached pictures for reference, showing the screen before and after installing Windows 11....
  5. Need Help with Windows 11 Installation - Monitor Screen Appears Dull

Need Help with Windows 11 Installation - Monitor Screen Appears Dull: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my PC, and I've encountered an issue with my monitor screen. It seems like the brightness is extremely low, even though it's not set that way. I've attached pictures for reference, showing the screen before and after installing Windows 11....
  6. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  7. HDR - dull colors after reboot

HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  8. Entries become dull when I drag them to a different day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entries become dull when I drag them to a different day: When I create an all-day task and later want to drag it to a different day on the Calendar app on a PC, whatever color it is in becomes dull or opaque. What is this supposed to indicate and how do I stop it from happening other than opening the task and editing the date on...
  9. Windows 10 Display being "dull"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Display being "dull": So a while back I updated windows 10 and my display became "dull", I've attempted to up my saturation but as of yesterday It's gone back to being a dull colour. I don't know whether I'm the only one experiencing this issue or not but It's quite annoying as it's affected the...
  10. Laptop display colour fades and becomes dull after BIOS factory setting reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop display colour fades and becomes dull after BIOS factory setting reset: Product: HP Probook 450 G4 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 update (64-Bit) After factory resetting the BIOS settings, the laptop display colour faded to unpleasant shades of each and every colour that it displays, is dark and colours appear to be washed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. images are dull in windows 10

2. dull diplay

3. laptop display colour fades and becomes dull

4. windows 10 desktop dull,
  5. windows 10 display is dull,
  6. 2nd display dull win 10 reddit,
  7. dull screen windows 10,
  8. windows 10 image dull in everything other than photos