Windows 10: Dumb BitLocker Questions

Discus and support Dumb BitLocker Questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fidney, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Fidney Win User

Dumb BitLocker Questions

Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my original BitLocker recovery key be safely removed from my Microsoft account and the printout destroyed? Thanks in advance.

:)

Fidney, Jun 1, 2021

2. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb BitLocker Questions [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Dumb BitLocker Questions [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Dumb BitLocker Questions

Bitlocker Questions

Brink thanks. Looking at the steps, 1st step is not necessary right? I think last time i didn't do anything to this but is 256 bit much better than 128 bit?

Since i want TPM with pin... i do step 4 right?

I have TPM 1.2 when checking my laptop.

paulyjustin, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Dumb BitLocker Questions

1. Dumb BitLocker Questions - Similar Threads - Dumb BitLocker Questions

2. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  3. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  4. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  6. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  7. Sort of a dumb question (????)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort of a dumb question (????): So I recently got a M2 ssd, I want to boot windows using it. Should I restart the entire pc and then install windows there or I can simply transfer it form my normal ssd that it is where it's currently installed? I feel like it would go wrong so that's why i'm asking. (By...
  8. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  9. Easy question i.e. dumb question :)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Easy question i.e. dumb question :): Is there a way to simulate a right click on a touch screen in tablet mode? 119027
  10. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504