Windows 10: Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input

Discus and support Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tired to fight against Windows 10 input method. It's stupid and extremely irritating. I have English United States-International keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvilCore2DuoInside, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input

I've tired to fight against Windows 10 input method. It's stupid and extremely irritating. I have English United States-International keyboard and when I press ' or Shift+" no characters are printed to input. Only when I press the same key again again it outputs two same characters. So when I want to put some thing to quotation mark I must do next steps:

• Press Shift+"
    • Press Shift+"
    • Press left arrow
    • Input text
    • Press right arrow

Compare with previous flow

• Press Shift+"
    • Input text
    • Press Shift+"

Looks much more simple? Yes? So, what the hell made you MS to "improve" quotation mark inputting? And so what I have to do if I just **** want to input only one quotation mark character? Press Shift+" twice and after then backspace? Are you **** crazy? Where in settings maze are you hiding option to fix this issue? Who is that "genius" who invented this ****? When MS hired this "genius" didthe interview checked competency or there wassenseless questions like "Why manhole covers are typically round"? Who did approve this "genius" improvement? Are you **** OK?

:)

EvilCore2DuoInside, Apr 8, 2020
  2. TaoErik Win User

crazy quotation marks

when I type quotation marks the first one is inverted and at the bottom of the line, the second, turned around. eg.: „of new possibilities“

This is happening in only one document. and the only soultion is to cut and past every correct quotation mark.

I have read all the similar questions and no one has suggested a correction that works. There are lots of language related suggestions but all solutions thus far have failed. Please give explicit instructions.

Please, please help!

TaoErik, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Input of Chinese quotation marks: conrer brackets under simplied IME

Dear All,

I am using Microsoft Simplified Chinese IME with default font as Traditional characters. I have problem finding the keys to input the Chinese corner bracket quotation marks (「」) directly from the keyboard.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

CChoon Wong, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input

Quotation Marks Doubled

Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key.

What did I do?

ErikChristiansen, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input

1. Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input - Similar Threads - Dumb quotation mark

2. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  3. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  4. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  5. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  6. Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol: The quotation mark and @ symbol occasionally switch. I can write for hours in Word or other programs/apps and then suddenly instead of quotes, I get the @ symbol. It's a real pain. The only solution I have found is to restart my computer. Obviously this is a hassle to do...
  7. Can't type quotation marks

Can't type quotation marks: My problem started randomly. I can't type quotation marks from my keyboard like i used to. I can type é when i press shift and the key. I can type < when i press alt gr and the key. I can't type quotation marks with on-screen keyboard too....
  8. Can't type quotation marks (")

Can't type quotation marks ("): Hi, Normally when using US (International keyboard) settings, typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] gives you [ " ]. However, for me both typing [ ' + Space] and typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] all give me [ ' ]. In order to type a quotation mark, my only option is to type [ Shift + '...
  9. Duplicate quotation marks and parentheses

Duplicate quotation marks and parentheses: All of a sudden, when I want to put something in quotes or parentheses, I'm getting two back-to-back, which is making me crazy. I've noticed it mostly in browsers. It's extra work to have to back and move the cursor in between them to type. How do I disable this?...
  10. Quotation Marks Doubled

Quotation Marks Doubled: Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key. What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quotation-marks-doubled/587a1871-60d6-4f94-bbee-791895edd1e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 8 input quotation mark problem