Windows 10: Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion

Discus and support Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have formatted a 5th gen. i5 machine today. After Windows 10 was up to date (18362.418) and everything installed I went on the quest of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, Oct 10, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion

Hello.

I have formatted a 5th gen. i5 machine today.

After Windows 10 was up to date (18362.418) and everything installed I went on the quest of updating drivers. I just used Windows Update itself and then from hardware manager, clicking on automatically update hardware for those things that felt not up to date.

Anyway, what puzzled me is for some machines Hardware Manager does:

E.g. It installed Intel's ahci driver for the hard disk. Fine. But on another also 5th generation pc I have it says msahci standar driver is the latest one.
    Then I discovered that you can copy/paste VENVID and DEVID from hardware manager details on catalog.update.microsoft.com and then you can find updated drivers not previously seen in auto mode.

I have just updated Intel's ahci driver, Intel's Managament Engine Interface and my Creative sound card (newer drivers by one year).

What gives? Why neither Hardware Manager nor Windows Update can find those updated versions, even if they come from MS catalog?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Oct 10, 2019

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 10, 2019
  3. unstable hardware drivers following Win 10-511 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen promts for troubleshooting.

Also, update the driver for Keyboard by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Keyboards from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion - Similar Threads - Dumbfounded Hardware manager

2. Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Updates: Just another post, telling people MY experience with Windows- Please notice they've created a "code of conduct"- NOT because people cannot discuss various aspects of OUR computers & experiences, but because they do NOT want us discussing certain aspects of their programming,...
  3. Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced Updates: Just another post, telling people MY experience with Windows- Please notice they've created a "code of conduct"- NOT because people cannot discuss various aspects of OUR computers & experiences, but because they do NOT want us discussing certain aspects of their programming,...
  4. BSODs Have Me Dumbfounded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs Have Me Dumbfounded.: For the past couple of months, I've been struggling with a headache-inducing computer issue that has left me absolutely dumbfounded. I keep experiencing BSODs on my Windows 11 machine, and no matter what I do, the problem persists. So far, I've tried swapping out my RAM for...
  5. BSODs Have Me Dumbfounded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs Have Me Dumbfounded.: For the past couple of months, I've been struggling with a headache-inducing computer issue that has left me absolutely dumbfounded. I keep experiencing BSODs on my Windows 11 machine, and no matter what I do, the problem persists. So far, I've tried swapping out my RAM for...
  6. force update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    force update: My computer automatically updated without my notice. It restarted and not it is stuck on welcome screen for an hour. I dont know what to do from here since I dont want to mess up the machine. This is just 2 years old Windows 10....
  7. Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway: My computer is incompatible with recent windows 10 updates. I've not yet determined what exactly is incompatible yet. This wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that windows 10 is continuously trying to update, realizing that it can't halfway through, and then...
  8. forced updates

forced updates: Since i've installed Windows 10, 2x you've destroyed my PC. the updates sit at the splash screen and never completes boots. i'm forced to reinstall everything, a loss of tons of data. when i was on Windows 7, at least a 1/2 dozen times this has happened. i do regular backups...
  9. Forced updates

Forced updates: I have Windows 10 Creator's Edition. Why don't I get this prompt? https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-forced-windows-update-auto-restart-snooze-indefinitely-windows-10/ It forces updates whenever it feels like just like always....
  10. forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    forced updates: I apprieciate the free upgrade but i would like to have the option of what updates i take, i don't want updates for skype or bing so why force them on me 10647