Windows 10: Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

Discus and support Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leaping_973, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a little scared to switch to it myself! I need a smooth transition because I use my computer usually all day.

:)

Leaping_973, Jan 24, 2022

2. Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10

This sounds like the stuff we have in Windows 8 too.

There was an app that added a command to the right click drop down that would force it to let you access them.

Maybe we're talking about different things but, when I right click on the Documents folder as you have shown I also have an option "Remove From List".

Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10 [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jan 24, 2022
  3. krollo Win User
    Downgrading pre-installed Win11 to Win10

Hi guys,

I play AAA games on my HP Omen 15 and generally OS compatibility patches don't roll out immediately for many of them so decided I'd stick with Win10 for the time being until most software have acclimated to Win11.

Say we have this hypothetical scenario where I purchase a new laptop pre-installed with Win11 (most of them already are). If I also buy a Win10 disc/licence key and use that to install Win10, will I still be able to install the Win11 OEM that came with the machine provided I keep the recovery drive intact?

Thanks for your help.

krollo, Jan 24, 2022
  4. bobkn Win User

Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

Downgrading pre-installed Win11 to Win10

You may not face a lot of compatibility issues with 11 to begin with.

I don't play "AAA Games" but you may be pleasantly surprised that going to 11 has little effect. Or disappointed that switching to 11 has little effect.

I recommend that you watch for news of issues with the games that you like. It will be inevitable, I suppose that you'll see a number of players with problems, just as you would with most major Windows 10 updates.

bobkn, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

1. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10 - Similar Threads - Dumbing down WIn11

2. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  3. win10-win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10-win11: bom dia eu sou um usuario do windows mt fan de voces eu queria so pergunta de o windows 11 pode conectar com contas do windows 10 por que muitos tem muita coisa no outro windows e nao consegue recuperar no outro exemplo win7-win10...
  4. win10-win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10-win11: bom dia eu sou um usuario do windows mt fan de voces eu queria so pergunta de o windows 11 pode conectar com contas do windows 10 por que muitos tem muita coisa no outro windows e nao consegue recuperar no outro exemplo win7-win10...
  5. seems like a dumb system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seems like a dumb system: I am not sure what these MS guys are thinking. The "e" key occassionally increasingly so does not function on this machine. I need to use an e in the password to open the machine. I followed the steps to change the password-but all I changed was the PW to my microsoft...
  6. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  7. Device Manager Dumbed Down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Dumbed Down?: I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427
  8. Device Manager Dumbed Down?

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Dumbed Down?: I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427
  9. Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10: Starting to find that the built-in Administrator account is a bit crippled - "This app can't open ... can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again." (I always log in with the built-in Administrator account so this...
  10. IE Dumbed-Down after AU

in Browsers and Email
    IE Dumbed-Down after AU: My initial dislike of Edge was caused by being unable to shift-drag from the address icon to create a standard shortcut in a folder. Now it seems that Internet Explorer has been dumbed-down so it no longer allows this, only a pinned shortcut will work. 60560