Windows 10: Dump size

Discus and support Dump size in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If dump file is big how they automatically uploaded in to microsoft, when windows error report is created.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tril645, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Dump size

If dump file is big how they automatically uploaded in to microsoft, when windows error report is created.

:)

Tril645, Jun 6, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 6, 2019
  3. Why is the vbios size different when dumped from gpuz than when at command line

Hi. I need to dump some GPU Vbios. I normally do it from command line in Linux using for example
    • echo 1 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom
    • cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom > vbios.dump
    • echo 0 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom
    I use these files for gpu passthrough in KVM.
    I was hoping that gpuz would do this easier for me. However, the GPU vbios dumps are a different size.
    For example, my 750ti from Linux dump is 131kb but from gpuz its 165kb.

Why is it different. Unfortunately, the gpuz dump doesn't work for the purpose of GPU passthrough in KVM.

gridrunner, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Dump size

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Dump size

1. Dump size - Similar Threads - Dump size

2. How should I interpret a crash dump file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How should I interpret a crash dump file?: Hi all. I've had an ongoing issue with either green-screen crashes, or black screens and reboots at desktop on separate occasions. So far I seem to have traced these back to my graphics card drivers, the card itself is new, and whilst it was returned due to odd noises, was...
  3. Dump file error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dump file error: If dump file is big how they automaticly uploaded in to microsoft, when windows error report is created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dump-file-error/5e296da8-e8a2-4bd7-ba31-e8d45ab6652e"
  4. What is hang dump ???

What is hang dump ???: What is hang dump ??? How did it work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hang-dump/1512ca75-9b5d-472a-86fb-516851938761"
  5. How crash dump and hang dump created ???

How crash dump and hang dump created ???: What is difference between crash dump and hang dumo ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-crash-dump-and-hang-dump-created/678a5ca6-70f5-4bad-994b-7317934bfb6c"
  6. Privacy of memory dump

Privacy of memory dump: Searching from a enquairy, my question is does memory dump file has any privacy issue in full diagnostic settings ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-of-memory-dump/a208c8dd-0574-488e-91eb-d2f467e50167"
  7. How to read output from WinDBG of dump file to determine root cause of recent crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to read output from WinDBG of dump file to determine root cause of recent crash?: I somewhat frequently have random crashes at night when I'm not using my PC that are unrelated to Windows Update. I check the event log and it's "WER-SystemErrorReporting" - 1001 rebooting from a bugcheck. I built the PC myself and it's 6 months old with all brand new top of...
  8. Reading of a Dump file and finding cause of BSOD/Computer freezes

Reading of a Dump file and finding cause of BSOD/Computer freezes: Hi I have been having BSOD issues under high load for a couple of months. I thought I had solved them but they are still plaguing me. I have reinstalled windows with the keep data method two days ago which helped a bit. I had suspected graphics card so I've done a...
  9. continued BSOD with 0x117 and 0x1a1 from dumps

continued BSOD with 0x117 and 0x1a1 from dumps: Well wondering if I have a problem with my video driver for Nvidia card(s). There are 2 of them in the same system. A Quadro P4000 and a GeForce 2080. I am wondering if this is causing the problem. I don't know. But seems to persist no matter what version of driver I use...
  10. 1.78GB LiveKernelReport Dump + BSOD Driver Verifier

1.78GB LiveKernelReport Dump + BSOD Driver Verifier: 1.78GB LiveKernelReport Dump + BSOD Driver Verifier Hello, It's been some time now that everytime I run CCleaner I find out that some dump in C:\Windows\LiverKernelReport is larger than 1GB. So I guess something is going wrong. I then tried to run Driver Verifier but it...