Windows 10: dupes of one drive files HELP

Discus and support dupes of one drive files HELP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm using version 18.111.0603.0004 of OneDrive. I'm using Office 365, but I stay signed off. OneDrive, while syncing, will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MonicaHeymann, Aug 6, 2020.

1. dupes of one drive files HELP

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm using version 18.111.0603.0004 of OneDrive. I'm using Office 365, but I stay signed off. OneDrive, while syncing, will encounter merge conflicts, and without asking me, OneDrive will then copy an older version of the file from the cloud to the PC and rename the most recent version of the file on the PC by appending the computer name to the file name. This is a huge headache when launching files from shortcuts on the desktop because I'm editing an old version without knowing OneDrive has fudged my files. This has led to data loss. After OneDrive performs its updates, there are copies of both files on the PC and in the cloud.

:)

MonicaHeymann, Aug 6, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Aug 6, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

dupes of one drive files HELP

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

dupes of one drive files HELP

1. dupes of one drive files HELP - Similar Threads - dupes drive files

2. One Drive help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive help: Hi support, I need to get info on the best way to approach an issue Im having with hard drive space on my day job work computer. Over time as Ive used Onedirve it has literally whipped out any available space on my C drive which is only a 250GB drive. To the point Im...
  3. One Drive help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive help: Hi support, I need to get info on the best way to approach an issue Im having with hard drive space on my day job work computer. Over time as Ive used Onedirve it has literally whipped out any available space on my C drive which is only a 250GB drive. To the point Im...
  4. need help with One Drive file restoration

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need help with One Drive file restoration: Hi all, First off, sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, for some reason my screen reader doesn't like the subtopics anymore, so I am not able to choose subtopics. Anyway, I need help getting my One Drive files back. A couple days ago, somehow my entire Documents folder...
  5. need help with One Drive file restoration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with One Drive file restoration: Hi all, First off, sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, for some reason my screen reader doesn't like the subtopics anymore, so I am not able to choose subtopics. Anyway, I need help getting my One Drive files back. A couple days ago, somehow my entire Documents folder...
  6. need help with One Drive file restoration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Was I duped?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Was I duped?: I kept getting this notification saying my windows license will expire, so I called up windows support for the UAE and the guy asked for my mobile number. I believe the support number was 4 391 7700. After pressing a few ones and twos, I got to a support person. They told me...
  8. Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped: I recently reset my computer do to slow Miss and it reset all of my settings and in the process I took away my ability to turn off my display with FN f7 on my Asus rog g751 laptop, I'm now wondering how to get that ability back to turn my laptop screen off but keep my second...
  9. ONE DRIVE - help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONE DRIVE - help: Desktop PC running Windows 10 & Tablet running Windows 10 Hi Desktop PC I have a short cut on the desktop to open "my documents" which is where I put all my files/folders/photos/music ect: I copied and pasted "my documents" into "ONE DRIVE" and this updates itself...
  10. One drive help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive help: Need to know how to sync my files to one drive, then remove them from my computer without one drive placing them back on. Thanks for any help since Microsoft doesn't provide support....