Windows 10: Duplacate Local Disks

Discus and support Duplacate Local Disks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok. Did the whole clean install using Brinks tutorial. All went as well can be expected. The tutorial said to disconnect all other drives so nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beginning, Dec 15, 2015.

1. beginning Win User

Duplacate Local Disks

Ok. Did the whole clean install using Brinks tutorial. All went as well can be expected. The tutorial said to disconnect all other drives so nothing gets messed up. Did that and all went well. After the install I shut down computer and plugged in the other drive. Now I get this two Local Disks and Two E: drives. Any Ideas how this happened? See attached:

:)

beginning, Dec 15, 2015

2. no local disks displayed

are there no local disks on windows 10 such as local disks e or d like in windows 10 where we can store our folder , games , etc.?

sankalp rajabhoj, Dec 15, 2015
  3. no local disks displayed

Actually i bought a new laptop with windows 10.

sankalp rajabhoj, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Duplacate Local Disks

Hello beginning, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is done by default in Windows 10. The 1st E: drive in your screenshot is under the "This PC" group in the navigation pane. The 2nd E: is its own separate group in the navigation pane. This way if you had "This PC" collapsed, you will still see E: as a separate group.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the separate drives in the navigation pane to help though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 15, 2015
  5. beginning Win User
    Thanks for the kind info Brink. I was seeing that two of the drives were in the "This PC" area. But when I did the upgrade from 7 to 10 it wasn't showing up this way. Thanks for the heads up chears!

beginning, Dec 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplacate Local Disks

1. Duplacate Local Disks - Similar Threads - Duplacate Local Disks

2. Local disk full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local disk full: My C drive only has 20 GB of space, even though I only have one game downloaded on it. A scan with Malwarebytes shows that there are no viruses on my PC. Sometimes, the storage goes below 20 and becomes red. It used to have around 70 GB of space....
  3. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  4. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  5. Local Disks are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disks are missing: I have a Windows 10 pro Originally Windows 8.1 pro and I have updated my Windows from "Download Windows 10 ISO".The problem is, there was around 386 GB or something like that in my Windows including 3 disks.Local Disk C,D,E. But After a few yearspresently, I have 77.4 GB free...
  6. External disk to local disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk to local disk: Hi! I have a laptop with only 118 gb of storage and a external disk with 300 gb of storage. Can I easily switch them so that my external drive becomes a local disk?...
  7. Local Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Disk: J'ai plus accès à mon local disk et mon windows10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk/2b967aa6-dc03-43a4-bc7f-f843213645a6
  8. Local Disk G:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk G:: On This PC on my computer there is a new disk that just showed up Local Disk G: When I double click it Bit Locker G: load key from USB drive. When I click on load key it says a valid key wasn't detected. What is this? Do I need it? Why do I have it? Is it new in Windows...
  9. Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk: Hey there, sorry for wasting your time. But I left my computer overnight and when I came back I had my Local Disk full. I remember having around 98-100 space left last night. Any reason why that happened? Do I have a virus on my computer? Anyone having the same issue?...
  10. local disk z

in Windows 10 Support
    local disk z: When I restarted my laptop I saw local disk z came from somewhere now I want to get rid of that 71510