Windows 10: duplicate a user account?

Discus and support duplicate a user account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vanderzee, Apr 2, 2021.

1. duplicate a user account?

is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions and etc.

making this anew would just take so much time

i want this for testing purposes and backup

thanks a lot

submitted by /u/vanderzee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vanderzee, Apr 2, 2021

2. Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the account.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

• If prompted by UAC, click on
      Yes.

• Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.

• Click on a user you want to delete, and click on
      Remove.

• Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for providing the screenshot.

It looks like the in build administrator is active on the computer

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt that way.
    • Type the following command:
    • Net user administrator /active:no
    • Access netplwiz and check if the issue persists.
    Please let us know the results. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

duplicate a user account?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

duplicate a user account?

1. duplicate a user account? - Similar Threads - duplicate user account

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  5. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  6. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Duplicate user account - but does not exist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user account - but does not exist: Bought a new laptop, Asus - Aspire A515-44. Windows 10 Home - I have installed W10 several times over the years and every time it installs differently, a new set of problems !!! This is the first time with the home edition though. I have set in the registry: Winlogon/default...
  8. Duplicate user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate user accounts: I accidently created a duplicate user for myself on my HP laptop. Can I move files or consolidate the info into my main user name? I don't want files in two places....
  9. duplicate users in office 365 account

duplicate users in office 365 account: in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/duplicate-users-in-office-365-account/03236fdd-3c5c-4d9b-9797-0bcf38f18669
  10. duplicate user accounts in office 365

duplicate user accounts in office 365: in my office 365 home subscription i have two users - ones i have shared with - accounts -- how do i correct this?...