Windows 10: Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr

Discus and support Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Under the Ports category I was baffled to find two entries with the same number. COM1COM3 COM3 This became apparent in one of my programs, where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrypin, May 30, 2019.

1. Terrypin Win User

Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr

Under the Ports category I was baffled to find two entries with the same number.
    COM1COM3
    COM3

This became apparent in one of my programs, where I must select just one.

How can this arise? More important, how can I fix it please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, May 30, 2019

2. duplicate phone numbers

If a phone number is listed more than once in the "contacts" data, when the person calls in, his name is no longer displayed.

I'm trying to find a way to fix this.

If I copy the last four or five digits of the phone number, is there any kind of 'search' that will find that string of numbers in any field on the phone?

Is there any way to download all the numbers to a file, such that I can sort it and go down the list looking for duplicates?

Is there another way, that I haven't thought of yet?

Finally, is there a way to get the phone to say something like "duplicate numbers found, therefore not displaying any name"?

Mike_Myers_N8, May 30, 2019
  3. Numbers duplicated when cutting & pasting list into messaging

Hi,

I regularly have to send a text message to an (ever changing) group of around 20-40 numbers. I create a list in Word or Notepad on my PC of the numbers, separated by semicolons, then save this in OneDrive.

From my phone (Lumia820, now running WP8.1, but this also occurred under WP8) I cut & paste the list of numbers into messaging. When I do this, all numbers except the first & last in the list are duplicated, so I have to go through the recepients and delete
    all the duplicate numbers.

Any ideas how to stop the duplicates?

Thanks,

Gavin.

GavinPhilpott, May 30, 2019
  4. pcrespi Win User

Finding duplicated numbers

Hi all,

as you know if you saved the same telephone number with two different names in your user list, when this name calls you , the phone is unablee to display the caller id.

So the question is: is there a way, in Ovi Suite, to find duplicates ?

Thank you

pcrespi, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr - Similar Threads - Duplicate COM numbers

2. Many unknown devices in Dev Mgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many unknown devices in Dev Mgr: I have an Alienware M17 R4, when I open the device manager there is a very long list of devices under "Other Devices" I have checked the Hardware ID on all of them and they all seem related to a Bluetooth device, I have run Driver easy Pro, Alienware update, and even tried...
  3. Many unknown devices in Dev Mgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many unknown devices in Dev Mgr: I have an Alienware M17 R4, when I open the device manager there is a very long list of devices under "Other Devices" I have checked the Hardware ID on all of them and they all seem related to a Bluetooth device, I have run Driver easy Pro, Alienware update, and even tried...
  4. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: If I set the com number manually, the device manager will crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-in-device-manager-without-com/6a65662a-0fcb-4e88-a209-4842213429c8
  5. Intercept com port and duplicate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intercept com port and duplicate: There is a device receiving and transmitting data via a USB port. This data are simple string commands. There is a second device that only receives data via USB CDC com port. The data it manages is a restricted part of the string commands and the only data it sends back is a...
  6. Intercept com port and duplicate

Intercept com port and duplicate: There is a device receiving and transmitting data via a USB port. This data are simple string commands. There is a second device that only receives data via USB CDC com port. The data it manages is a restricted part of the string commands and the only data it sends back is a...
  7. Duplicate Numbered Services

Duplicate Numbered Services: I am running an updated Windows 10 Pro OS and have noticed on multiple occasions that these services are continually duplicated. In my opinion, they all fall in the category of spyware as the functions which they control are exactly the kinds an attack would...
  8. Duplicate Numbered Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Numbered Services: I am running an updated Windows 10 Pro OS and have noticed on multiple occasions that these services are continually duplicated. In my opinion, they all fall in the category of spyware as the functions which they control are exactly the kinds an attack would...
  9. Duplicate Numbered Services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Finding com port number.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finding com port number.: I have a very recently purchased HP LAPTOP-2B3H9B5S. Nov 2020. I am trying to find out how to find the com port settings. i have read the previous quotes from 2019. However they now appear not to be relevant. The latest advice says go to actions and go to previous software...