Windows 10: Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10.

Discus and support Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a fresh start of my computer, and copied my documents, pictures, music, downloads, and desktop from an external hard drive. Now, I have thousands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnZidak, Dec 25, 2020.

1. JohnZidak Win User

Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10.

I did a fresh start of my computer, and copied my documents, pictures, music, downloads, and desktop from an external hard drive. Now, I have thousands of copies in these folders and files on my computer.

Can I delete these copies without installing a third party program?

I have tried writing "copy" in the search box, that was suggested by someone else, in response to a similar problem but I have had no success with that process,

:)

JohnZidak, Dec 25, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Windows 10 version 1607 x64 Duplication of documents, music, pictures and downloads folders

Dear community and Windows 10 support,

I am now having this problem and don't know how to remove the empty folder content duplication:

Why do I have duplicate 'Documents' 'Downloads' 'Music' 'Pictures' and 'Videos' folders? - Build 10061

Before the upgrade was done, I redirected documents, music, pictures and download folders to my data drive (from C: to DDuplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10. :).

After the upgrade I did 23 September, those folders are listed again in my user directory in C:, duplicating what I did in D before the upgrade.

Help appreciated!

Budana Prijadi, Dec 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10.

Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10. - Similar Threads - Duplicate copies pictures

2. Picture Location after copying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Location after copying.: I have a Canon PowerShot Camera IS 150. After transferring my pictures from my camera to my desktop PC, where can I find the pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-location-after-copying/a65584e4-7351-4bdf-aea7-2474e670f9b3
  3. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  4. DUPLICATE PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  5. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  6. picture folder became a copy of document folder

picture folder became a copy of document folder: Hello, This is just a follow up post regarding a closed 5 year old thread that seems to have gone unsolved. A strange windows bug that makes one of your default windows libraries in my case pictures turn into a duplicate of another directory. When you try to reset this...
  7. Duplicate pictures

Duplicate pictures: Hello, yes so I am sorting through the files on my laptop and discovered I had a few photos the same, so I decided to put all the pictures I had into one folder and as they were transferring a message read that an image had the same name with the option to skip or replace...
  8. "Documents" duplicated

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Documents" duplicated: Hello, I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, but I hope this section is close enough. I was wondering if anyone could help me with something that happened to me recently. Out of nowhere, loads of "Documents" appeared under "This PC" [img] 10941
  9. Saving newer documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving newer documents: On previous versions of Windows, if I tried to save documents from, say a thumb drive to my hard drive and the names of the docs were identical, I would be asked if I wanted to save the newer version or not. I have a situation where I done massive editing of work documents at...
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...