Windows 10: Duplicate copies of Windows apps

Discus and support Duplicate copies of Windows apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just curious about why there is a copy off the list of apps below in both my program files and program files x86. They aren't massive files so its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by twocakes, Oct 4, 2020.

1. twocakes Win User

Duplicate copies of Windows apps

Just curious about why there is a copy off the list of apps below in both my program files and program files x86. They aren't massive files so its not a huge storage problem just curious about why the duplicate copies on the same drive.

• windows defender
    • windows mail
    • windows media player
    • windows multimedia platform
    • windows NT
    • windows photo viewer
    • windows portable devices
    • windows security
    • windows powershell

:)

twocakes, Oct 4, 2020

2. automatically adds duplicate printer copy

Hello,

I have encountered an issue on Windows 10.

I have an older printer which works fine on initial setup. Prints and is set to default Duplicate copies of Windows apps :D

• MY_BEST_Printer

The issue comes in when I unplug the USB cable and after some time plug, it back in it adds a new duplicate copy of the same printer.

• MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)

This new duplicated printer is not set to default, so obviously, it does not send print file to the same queue pool and it does not get printed.

And if I keep plugging and unplugging it keeps adding new duplicates.

• MY_BEST_Printer Default
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 2)

Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from adding the same printer as a duplicate if it sees that it is the same printer?

Mantas Zinkevicius, Oct 4, 2020
  3. alex2364 Win User
    Duplicate App List

I'm on Windows 10 1909. When I go to Choose default apps by protocol and go down to TEL, it always list Skype for Business twice. Is there a way to delete the duplicate?

alex2364, Oct 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Duplicate App List

Hi, you might take a look at your 'Open With' progs here:

Duplicate copies of Windows apps [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate copies of Windows apps - Similar Threads - Duplicate copies apps

2. De-duplicate app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    De-duplicate app: Need de duplicate a list of words with a press of a button Can windows 10 do this? How? Here's example of 1/100th of the list Life of Walter Mitty Before Sunrise Wild Way In Bruges Motorcycle Diaries Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of Desert Midnight in Paris...
  3. Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail: Hello All,I wanted to see if I can get some assistance with an issue that I cant seem to resolve.Basically, I have a client that pastes images into a new gmail email but the images get duplicated, as if they were pasted in twice.The workflow is the user has program that opens...
  4. Duplicate copies of emails in my Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate copies of emails in my Inbox: I'm using the MAIL app that came with Windows 10. Every time I send an email using this app two copies of it show up in my Inbox. Why is this and how can I eliminate it?...
  5. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  6. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  7. Duplicate App List

Duplicate App List: I'm on Windows 10 1909. When I go to Choose default apps by protocol and go down to TEL, it always list Skype for Business twice. Is there a way to delete the duplicate? 152092
  8. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84
  9. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...
  10. automatically adds duplicate printer copy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    automatically adds duplicate printer copy: Hello, I have encountered an issue on Windows 10. I have an older printer which works fine on initial setup. Prints and is set to default :D MY_BEST_Printer The issue comes in when I unplug the USB cable and after some time plug, it back in it adds a new duplicate...