Windows 10: Duplicate copy music files

Discus and support Duplicate copy music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameoControl, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Duplicate copy music files

I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting?

Best Regards

S

:)

CameoControl, Apr 4, 2020
  2. PJDotNet Win User

Duplicate Music/Photos files on my SD Card

After unsuccessfully trying every other suggested workaround for this issue, the following workaround finally fixed the problem on two wp8 devices for me (Samsung Ativ S and Nokia Lumina 520):

• On wp8 phone, in “Xbox Music + Videos” app go to Settings and Initially turn off both
      “Connect with Xbox Music” and “Xbox Music cloud collection” options. You can turn on those two options at end of this procedure if desired wih no negative side effects.
    • Transfer the music files to your phone using “Windows Phone for desktop”
      app. I copied all the music that I wanted on my phone, which was a combination of DRM-free personally-owned .mp3 files and Xbox Music Pass DRM-protected .wma files (subscription rental music) to the wp8 phone using
      ‘Windows Phone for desktop’ app. At the end of this process, I had duplicates (or multiple instances) of almost every song in my library. The next step is the one that fixes the problem.
    • All the credit for this steps goes to David at Labs 7: please follow the exact steps on this page:

http://7labs.heypub.com/mobile/fix-media-library-duplicates-windows-phone-8.html

• After following those steps, your phone needs some time (based on your library size) to rebuild its music library file, so give it time until your music starts re-appearing in the
      Xbox Music + Videos app. It took about 1 minute for my 1,800 song library
    • If you wish, now you can turn on both “Connect with Xbox Music” and
      “Xbox Music cloud collection”
      options in Settings section in “Xbox Music + Videos” if you’d like to take advantage of those features, I have them both on and there is no duplication as the result of it.

PJDotNet, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, Apr 4, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Duplicate copy music files

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate copy music files

1. Duplicate copy music files - Similar Threads - Duplicate copy music

2. Is there a way to merge the files or not resync with the duplicated files'-copy'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to merge the files or not resync with the duplicated files'-copy'?: OneDrive was having sync issues, so I unlinked the pc and linked it back. Now if I turn on documents, pictures and desktop tabs, it's giving me a notification that 5197 files will duplicate and add '-copy' to the end of the file name. Is there a way to merge the files or not...
  3. Is there a way to merge the files or not resync with the duplicated files'-copy'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to merge the files or not resync with the duplicated files'-copy'?: OneDrive was having sync issues, so I unlinked the pc and linked it back. Now if I turn on documents, pictures and desktop tabs, it's giving me a notification that 5197 files will duplicate and add '-copy' to the end of the file name. Is there a way to merge the files or not...
  4. Is there a way to merge the files or not resync with the duplicated files'-copy'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates

Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates: How can I update my downloaded fanfic library that I have sort of backed up to my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone? It's not intended as a backup, more like an offline sync.If I copy all the files in a folder where there are some duplicates on the computer, I get asked what to do with...
  6. Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates

Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates: How can I update my downloaded fanfic library that I have sort of backed up to my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone? It's not intended as a backup, more like an offline sync.If I copy all the files in a folder where there are some duplicates on the computer, I get asked what to do with...
  7. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  8. Moving/copying Windows music files

Moving/copying Windows music files: How do I select "all" of my albums in windows music in order to transfer them to an external hard drive? There is no option for this that I can find. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movingcopying-windows-music-files/eb003712-6506-4c8e-974a-b08455c24455"
  9. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Copying music files to a thumb drive: I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my MS Surface Book 2. Now I would like to copy these music files to a thumb drive so I can play them in my car. I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help me, would be most...
  10. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...