Windows 10: duplicate desktop pictures

Discus and support duplicate desktop pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a number of pictures on my desktop. When I open a particular picture, I noticed all the other pictures on my desktop are included with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skyler45, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Skyler45 Win User

duplicate desktop pictures

I have a number of pictures on my desktop. When I open a particular picture, I noticed all the other pictures on my desktop are included with the picture I just opened. If I try to delete the unwanted pictures form this file, they get deleted from there orginal file. In short, all pictures on my desktop include all the other pictures showing on my desktop. I don't have a clue. Even if I put a picture card from my camera into the pc, it does the same thing.

:)

Skyler45, Feb 3, 2021

2. Getting duplicate pictures

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind response. I don't take much time to read those information in detail. There are Nokia APPs available, that is the "Nokia Storyteller Beta". I found it can list those pictures without duplication. The only problem is it can't
    collect those pictures such as snapshot photos from my phone's screen. So I wish it could solve the issue soon. Some suggestion and wish.

Have great weekends,

marcchen

marcchen---01, Feb 3, 2021
  3. issue with deleting duplicate Desktop folder

Howdy folks!

I am new to tenforums, having my normal residence at sevenforums. But I'm attempting to help my wife with her fairly new (June) Asus Tuf laptop with Win10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1256, AMD Ryzen7, 16GB RAM

She somehow ended up with 2 Desktop folders showing under ThisPC and no Pictures folder. I ran the program listed in the tutorial in this forum
    ( Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10)

to merge the 2 Desktop folders. Now it shows only 1 in ThisPC and still 2 in Users\ebeet (my wife initial and part of last name).

The icons for the 2 in her Users folder both correctly show a computer screen and in properties says Desktop. The 1 listed under ThisPC has a Pictures icon although in Properties on General Tab it says Desktop. But when you go to Location Tab it says for Target location C:\Users\ebeet\Pictures.

So the Regedit file removed the duplicate listing in the File Tree but things aren't right. Trying to change the location in Properties didn't work.

I've attached a snip to show both folders.

Any suggestions on a solution would be helpful, and thanks in advance! happy New Year to ya!
    Michael

miztrniceguy, Feb 3, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. duplicate desktop pictures - Similar Threads - duplicate desktop pictures

2. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  3. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  4. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  5. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  6. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  7. Duplicating my pictures

8. DUPLICATE PICTURES

DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  9. Duplicate pictures

Duplicate pictures: Hello, yes so I am sorting through the files on my laptop and discovered I had a few photos the same, so I decided to put all the pictures I had into one folder and as they were transferring a message read that an image had the same name with the option to skip or replace...
  10. delete duplicate pictures

delete duplicate pictures: I have numerous duplicate pictures in my files. How do I delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-pictures/a541d7d3-4045-4cc3-82a5-d04e591cbaf4"