Windows 10: Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update

Discus and support Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed weird things on my Device Manger. There are many device instances than before and it seems like many instances are duplicated. I suppose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.Urashima, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update

Hi,

I noticed weird things on my Device Manger. There are many device instances than before and it seems like many instances are duplicated. I suppose themigration of device drivers from previous version was not processed properlyupon 2004 update. So far, I do not see any major inconvenience on regular device operations. However, I'm feeling not good.

Could you MS engineers investigate this issue?

It is not only happening under Human Interface Devices but also the others.

Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update 1b2922a4-34b9-496e-bcd9-0088372221ba?upload=true.jpg

:)

T.Urashima, Jun 11, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 11, 2020
  3. dtraiN187 Win User
    device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update

1. Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Duplicate device instances

2. Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager: Hi,I'm using Dell Inspiron 13 7370 with Windows 11. I work well in 6 months, but now I cannot using multi-finger 's function of the touchpad. After checking for a while, I found something:- I2C HID Device is duplicated with error code 10- The working I2C HID device has the...
  3. Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager: Hi,I'm using Dell Inspiron 13 7370 with Windows 11. I work well in 6 months, but now I cannot using multi-finger 's function of the touchpad. After checking for a while, I found something:- I2C HID Device is duplicated with error code 10- The working I2C HID device has the...
  4. Duplicate GPUs in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate GPUs in Device Manager: Hello! Every time I start my computer I get the "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly" alert. When I go to device manager and look at my display adapters, I see that I have on Intel GPU correct one NVIDIA GPU also correct and then...
  5. nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop with two graphics cards Intel Graphics 4000 and GeForce 650M Two weeks ago Windows is updated to 2004 automaticly. But after restrating GeForce video card is missing in the device manager. Latest drivers from nVidia site are not...
  6. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Jeff here... I run a new PC computer with Windows 10 Pro. Under Device Manager there are many devices that have duplicate entries. The duplicates use different usb designation number ie "usb 1" "usb 2" I have read multiple "QUESTIONS" previously asked here and none of...
  7. Duplicated items in device manager

Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  8. Duplicated items in device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  9. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Hello, I believe this is my first time posting. I have looked up this matter, and I have read a few things. A lot of them are from 2015, or earlier. And maybe from sites that I am not sure I can trust. So, I came here to try to get the most accurate and up to date info. I...
  10. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update: One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now missing driver. Issue wasn't present prior to April Update. - Unknown device has Hardware ID of BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP....