Windows 10: Duplicate Display Issues

Discus and support Duplicate Display Issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Conor, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Conor Win User

Duplicate Display Issues

Hello,

Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display.

I have been able to do this in the past, so thinking it might of been a Windows 10 update?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Conor, Mar 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 2nd monitor resolution zoomed in

1. you replied to my solution with a solution that was not my problem. 2. my issue was both extended and duplicate being zoomed in, "Blurrier" on second display than first. 3. fixed it by making sure both displays where set up for the same resolution.

Thank you.

Jaye Boogie, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Surface Pro 2 Graphics adapter issue after Win 10 upgrade

while you used the word "extend" are you trying to duplicate or extend? what' I've heard officially is

"The Windows Graphics team is currently investigating potential solutions to the Duplicate display mode issue. Alternatives are to use the Extend or Second Screen display modes which can be set via the Project UI (Windows key + P) or the Settings/System/Display
    dialog."

Barb Bowman, Mar 25, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Duplicate Display Issues

What kind of Graphics card do you have?

Do you have the latest drivers?

lmaneke, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Are the monitors the same model and resolution?

DeaconFrost, Mar 25, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Are you setting duplicate display in Nvidia app or in Windows.
    Try Winkey+P.

AndreTen, Mar 25, 2016
  7. I had the exact same issue. Although I was aware that my Windows 7 laptop (with Intel gpu and Nvidia 525m dual graphics) required you to use the Nvidia control panel to correctly clone the display I noticed that the option was completely omitted on the Nvidia control panel in Windows 10. By January I downgraded back to Windows 7 where everything works as it should.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? I wouldn't mind completing the move to Windows 10 at some point. Right now though I'm quite happy with Windows 7 - old reliable!

foregonereality, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate Display Issues

1. Duplicate Display Issues - Similar Threads - Duplicate Display Issues

2. Issue with Duplicating 3 displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Duplicating 3 displays: When I connect my Lenovo ThinkPad P1 - Gen 5 to 2 external displays and select "Duplicate" mode, 2 of the screens are duplicating but 1 is getting extended. I only have the options to "Duplicate desktops 1 and 3 / 2 and 3". I need an option to duplicate desktops 1,2 and 3....
  3. Issue with Duplicating 3 displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Duplicating 3 displays: When I connect my Lenovo ThinkPad P1 - Gen 5 to 2 external displays and select "Duplicate" mode, 2 of the screens are duplicating but 1 is getting extended. I only have the options to "Duplicate desktops 1 and 3 / 2 and 3". I need an option to duplicate desktops 1,2 and 3....
  4. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  5. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  6. No option to Duplicate Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to Duplicate Display: I have been using Windows 10 and multiple displays for years. Recently I had to re-install Windows, and I'm using 2 displays. Since I reinstalled Windows, the Display Options panel, under Multiple displays gives me just three options:Extend these displaysShow only on 1Show...
  7. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  8. Duplicate displays with HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  9. Duplicate monitor display

Duplicate monitor display: 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor...
  10. cannot duplicate display

cannot duplicate display: no recognition of the second monitor. It has worked well in the past with the same monitor. Just got a Windows 10 update last week. Is that the issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows duplicate display issues