Windows 10: Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical

Discus and support Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there.Feel One Drive has been breaking my computer a little bit lately. Such an annoying backup app that creates so many silly problems. Anyway,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hanging tuff, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical

Hey there.Feel One Drive has been breaking my computer a little bit lately. Such an annoying backup app that creates so many silly problems. Anyway, that's a topic for another day.Now I've noticed I have duplicate Documents folders on my C: Both are the exact same. If I create a folder in one, it updates on the other. Both are linked to C:\Users\chrisAnyone know how to get rid of one? I don't want both as it's confusing and makes me think one of them is a One Drive Documents folder which I 100000% want to ignore unless I feel the need to back something up to there.I can't delete one as it say

:)

hanging tuff, Jun 21, 2024
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Duplicate Documents Folders

Hi Batya,

Conflicts with the OneDrive settings on your computer is one of the possible reasons why you have duplicate document folders. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.

Meanwhile, you can try unlinking your OneDrive from your computer and re-activate it under a new and empty folder on your hard drive after you restart your device.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 21, 2024
  4. rog7 Win User

Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical

Multiple Documents folders shown in Navigation Pane

When a File Explorer window is first opened, the Navigation Pane lists everything correctly.

However, every minute (approx.) that the window is open an additional Documents folder is listed i.e. after about 10 minutes 10 Documents folders will be shown. All appear identical and all point to the same folder on disk.

How can I stop this duplication?

Thanks

Keith

Thema:

Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical

1. Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical - Similar Threads - Duplicate Documents Folders

2. Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate "desktop", "documents", etc. folder: Why there seems to be another "documents", "desktop", etc. folders in my Data D:, and same folder names pinned in file explorer. It seems to be different since the "desktop" folder in Data D: seems to have some of the files and folder in my actual desktop, but whenever I...
  3. Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical

Duplicate Documents Folders - Both are Identical: Hey there.Feel One Drive has been breaking my computer a little bit lately. Such an annoying backup app that creates so many silly problems. Anyway, that's a topic for another day.Now I've noticed I have duplicate Documents folders on my C: Both are the exact same. If I...
  4. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  5. Duplicate Documents folders

Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  6. Two identical Documents folders on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two identical Documents folders on my PC: After some struggle with a DropBox I paused syncing and then uninstalled it, there are two 2 identical same 96,4GB size, same number of folders, and some number of files Documents folders: one on my Desktop, another in the Libraries. However, when I look into their...
  7. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  8. I have 2 identical "windows" folders both with EXACTLY THE SAME DUPLICATED CONTENT one in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 2 identical "windows" folders both with EXACTLY THE SAME DUPLICATED CONTENT one in...: Appeared after a forced update to windows 10 version 2004. Computer has been ungodly slow since the update, stuff is freezing and "not responding" constantly. Games can no longer run on steady fps. All this after the update to 2004. Could it be because of this duplicate...
  9. Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder

Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder: Somehow my wife's laptop a Dell Laptop running an up-to-date Windows 10 OS has gotten 2 same-named folders Very Active with important data in her Documents folder. I've tried several things to fix by deleting 1 of the duplicate folders, moving files , etc. but nothing has...
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...