Windows 10: Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane

Discus and support Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Im having trouble with restoring Documents and Downloads folders in this pc. Initially i tried to change default folder locations ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJJ_911, Aug 10, 2020.

1. JJJ_911 Win User

Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello everyone, Im having trouble with restoring Documents and Downloads folders in this pc. Initially i tried to change default folder locations ssd to hdd but it was a mess so I wanted to restore it back. Now im confused because whenever i try to "restore to default" at the properties location tab in either Documents of Downloads, it always ends up doing the same thing to the other, which result to duplicate. Need your help. Thank you!

Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane 1afa721b-072c-406c-b9d2-240d2e5e40c6?upload=true.png

:)

JJJ_911, Aug 10, 2020
  2. rog7 Win User

Multiple Documents folders shown in Navigation Pane

When a File Explorer window is first opened, the Navigation Pane lists everything correctly.

However, every minute (approx.) that the window is open an additional Documents folder is listed i.e. after about 10 minutes 10 Documents folders will be shown. All appear identical and all point to the same folder on disk.

How can I stop this duplication?

Thanks

Keith

3. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Original Title :

"Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Marvin Graham, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane

"Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

I'd been using the 'show all folders' workaround, but switched back to the normal navigation pane view after the anniversary update and haven't seen the folder duplication issue since.

doubletriplezero, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane

1. Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Duplicate Documents Folders

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  6. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  7. Windows 11 Explorer Navigation Pane element duplicate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Navigation Pane element duplicate: Hey guys I got a problem I can't relly solve.In my navigation pane of my explorer is one element duplicated but I can't remove one of them.The upper one points to C:\Users\kollo\AppData\Local\SynologyDrive\SystemFolders\1The lower one ponts to...
  8. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  9. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access. [img] In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with...
  10. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...