Windows 10: duplicate drive D in Hard desk

Discus and support duplicate drive D in Hard desk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i spited the hard desk to two drives C & D . then I moved document folder to drive D. suddenly I noticed that I have three drives with same name D and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohammedHussain3, Nov 7, 2018.

1. duplicate drive D in Hard desk

i spited the hard desk to two drives C & D . then I moved document folder to drive D. suddenly I noticed that I have three drives with same name D and has same contents.

1 : how can I delete the other drive witch looks like virtual drives and keep only one?

2 : how can I return back the Documents folder to it original location?

:)

MohammedHussain3, Nov 7, 2018

2. Hard Drives C: and D: being duplicated

I noticed today that I am showing duplicated hard drives

I always had 2 drives

drive C; for systems/programs/software

drive D: for personnel files working environment

Now I see 2 C: drives

and 2 D: drives

Using Windows 10 Version 1709

Can someone help please

Andre

Andre win10, Nov 7, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces New SATA Hard Drive Duplicator Dock

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock, which enables users to perform 1:3 sector-by-sector duplication from a single SATA hard drive onto three others simultaneously, without having to connect the dock to a host computer. The Duplicator Dock also includes a SATA to IDE adapter, which provides the option of connecting an IDE hard drive in one of the SATA slots.

“IT professionals are always looking for ways to make their jobs more efficient and this new multi-drive duplicator allows them to accomplish just that,” commented StarTech.com Senior Product Manager, Carey Cline. “The ability to perform a sector by sector duplication on up to three drives simultaneously, frees up the user’s time to perform other functions while the back-ups are created in the background. The fact it acts as a standalone unit also means it doesn’t use up resources on their computer system.”

duplicate drive D in Hard desk 19a_thm.jpg

The duplicator dock can also be used as an external 4-bay hard drive dock, connected through either USB 3.0 or eSATA, providing an easy way to add and remove bare external hard drives from a computer system.

Other features and benefits of the Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SATDOCK4U3RE) include:
    • Up to 72 MBps data transfer rates between drives, when used for hard drive duplication
    • Up to 5Gbps or 3Gbps data transfer rates (connected through USB 3.0 or eSATA, respectively), when utilized as an external drive docking station
    • Secure Erase feature simplifies erasing/wiping drive contents for further cloning use or disposal of a hard drive
    • Dual 60mm cooling fans mounted beneath the drives help to keep docked hard drives at optimal operating temperatures
    • Supports 2.5” or 3.5” form factor hard drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs)
    • Integrated LCD displays duplication progress and duplicator options menu
    • Included SATA to IDE adapter enables users to dock an IDE hard drive in place of a SATA hard drive in one of the four bays, making it possible to copy the contents of an IDE hard drive onto three SATA drives where necessary, when IDE drive is used in source slo
    The USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including Misco, ebuyer.com, Insight, Amazon and Dabs.com and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. RRP for this product is £453.99 in the UK.

For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Nov 7, 2018
  4. vk279 Win User

duplicate drive D in Hard desk

Duplicate D:\ drive

Hello guys/ gals. I know this is an old thread but I am having exactly same issue and I am not able to solve it.
    I wanted to move my c: documents folder to D drive as C is an ssd drive with only 125 mb. Now I have a duplicate D:\ with Documents Icon.
    I tried to go into the properties then Location and I click on Restore Default. When I click on Restore Default, it populates with old location i.e. on C: drive but when I click on Apply, I get an error message
    "The folder can't be moved here"
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied.

I have some critical programs installed on D drive. I don't want to mess up.

I also did change the Default Hard drive for saving the Documents and Apps by going into Settings and System.
    This might have screwed up everything and the reason for it to not let me change it back to original location.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

vk279, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

duplicate drive D in Hard desk

1. duplicate drive D in Hard desk - Similar Threads - duplicate drive Hard

2. Duplicate drives: DATA D: the other just has D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate drives: DATA D: the other just has D:\: A friend helped me separate my data/docs from my program files, by keeping all program files on the OS C: drive and putting everything else on the Data D:. The problem is that I now have a duplicate of my D:\ drive. One is normal like it always had been DATA D: the other just...
  3. Duplicate drives: DATA D: the other just has D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate drives: DATA D: the other just has D:\: A friend helped me separate my data/docs from my program files, by keeping all program files on the OS C: drive and putting everything else on the Data D:. The problem is that I now have a duplicate of my D:\ drive. One is normal like it always had been DATA D: the other just...
  4. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.: I was out of station for a few days and now after I came back and booted my pc it was taking too long and after boot up there was only C drive visible in My explorer my D &E drives were not there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and...
  5. D hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D hard drive: I would like to know if my D hard drive is able to install games such as fps shooter like ,warzone ,valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-hard-drive/568cdfd3-bbe6-4b8a-8df4-8ee4e16fe0f8
  6. hard disk drives D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk drives D:: i got pc and when i go look to hard disk my C: is full so how do i add D: because C: is the only 1 that i got on here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drives-d/903f7cfd-6fd7-44ec-af8c-5761f067c088
  7. D: hard drive is not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D: hard drive is not showing up: I have a laptop and my D: hard drive (1TB) is not showing up in the explorer nor device manager (I also try with diskpart but is not showing there either). device manager and diskpart Before this happened I was playing a videogame, but this crash because it could not load...
  8. elete a duplicate Drive D partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    elete a duplicate Drive D partition: How do I delete a duplicate Drive D partition. In file explorer, two Drive D folders appear. One has a down arrow on the drive D icon. Ther other has a music note icon next to the Drive D. Opening either one displays the same content. DIsk manager shows only on drive D....
  9. Delete a duplicate Drive D partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a duplicate Drive D partition: How do I delete a duplicate Drive D partition. In file explorer, two Drive D folders appear. One has a down arrow on the drive D icon. Ther other has a music note icon next to the Drive D. Opening either one displays the same content. DIsk manager shows only on drive D....
  10. Duplicate D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate D:\ drive: Hi Everyone, I posted this on the Microsoft Community site as well, but then I found these forums and they seem a lot more active so I thought I might have a better shot here. So I have a problem where I accidentally created a duplicate of my D: \ drive. This is not...