Windows 10: Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

Discus and support Duplicate drive listed in explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EyeInTheSky, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

Duplicate drive listed in explorer. [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jan 14, 2019
  2. lacrumb Win User

duplicate usb drive

When you say Navigation panel where are you?

If ti is File Explorer, there is a lot of duplication in the list of drives.

lacrumb, Jan 14, 2019
  3. JJG10 Win User
    Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (XDuplicate drive listed in explorer. :). That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And, can I deleted one of them?

Thank you.

Duplicate drive listed in explorer. [​IMG]

JJG10, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

1. Duplicate drive listed in explorer. - Similar Threads - Duplicate drive listed

2. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  3. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  5. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer: Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957
  6. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  7. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  8. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...
  9. Duplicate listings

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate listings: I know this is probably a simple click in the folders view window, but I don't know which one it is. See the pic. I've got duplicate listings in the main part of the window that are all in the Navigation pane. All I want to do is eliminate the duplicates (folders & drives) in...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...