Windows 10: Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by navuho, May 8, 2020.

1. navuho Win User

Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

Hi there,

Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix?

Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

navuho, May 8, 2020

2. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, May 8, 2020
  3. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

Wait a minute here, the reg file did work and this is what I wanted:

I just had to stop the explorer process and restart it, and it took!

EyeInTheSky, May 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Duplicate drives Explorer

2. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  3. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate drives in left pane of Windows Explorer Win10

Duplicate drives in left pane of Windows Explorer Win10: One of my Win10 PCs has duplicate drives in the left pane of Windows Explorer under MyPC - the primary drive partitions C: and D: and the DVD drive E: only appear once, all the external drives, including the USB ports appear twice - once below the primary entries and again...
  6. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  7. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  8. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  9. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...