Windows 10: Duplicate email accounts

Discus and support Duplicate email accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I somehow have duplicate sync Hotmail accounts on my Windows 10 PC. I used to have just one account, until this morning. Then Windows alerted me that I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by whatthewhatwhat, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Duplicate email accounts

I somehow have duplicate sync Hotmail accounts on my Windows 10 PC. I used to have just one account, until this morning. Then Windows alerted me that I have a problem with my account and prompted me to automatically fix the problem by re-authenticating. I did, and I now have two accounts. I can go to "Manage" and then "Delete account from this device", but I'm concerned that that might remove both accounts, or that it will keep me from being able to log into my PC. What should I do?

Duplicate email accounts 6c293036-0df6-47b5-a64b-10b5c444ad56?upload=true.png

:)

whatthewhatwhat, Jul 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    I am getting duplicate emails.

Hi Nita_611,

Thank you for providing a link. I reviewed the page so I know the exact steps performed, but I didn't see anything that would explain why the emails are duplicating. I have some additional questions as to how you have your email accounts set up.

By chance are any of your email accounts forwarding to another one of your accounts? If so, is the account the emails are forwarding to also listed under email + accounts?

If they are that would certainly explain why emails are duplicating and turning forwarding options off should stop the duplicates. I'll be researching other possibilities as well.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jul 3, 2019
  4. Duplicate email accounts

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate email accounts

1. Duplicate email accounts - Similar Threads - Duplicate email accounts

2. How to remove duplicate email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate email account: Hi,My laptop has a duplicate email account which make Office unstable and unhappy.In Settings > Accounts > Emails and Account my email appear twice Work or school account.The only difference between both is : one says "All apps can sign me in" and the other "Microsoft apps...
  3. How to remove duplicate email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove duplicate email account: Hi,My laptop has a duplicate email account which make Office unstable and unhappy.In Settings > Accounts > Emails and Account my email appear twice Work or school account.The only difference between both is : one says "All apps can sign me in" and the other "Microsoft apps...
  4. How to remove duplicate email account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Duplicate in Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate in Email: I've always wondered about this.Currently I use Thunderbird as my email client with all accounts as pop3.One thing that's kept me away form other more modern clients is all the extra folders.I'm using Windows Mail as an example.Under the account there are: Inbox, Drafts, Sent...
  6. Duplicate in Email

Duplicate in Email: I've always wondered about this.Currently I use Thunderbird as my email client with all accounts as pop3.One thing that's kept me away form other more modern clients is all the extra folders.I'm using Windows Mail as an example.Under the account there are: Inbox, Drafts, Sent...
  7. Duplication of emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Duplication of emails: Out of the blue receiving triplicate quad, etc. emails. I delete and they keep appearing. How do I get this problem corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplication-of-emails/2368d296-4a1f-4a40-b976-b90aa747051d
  8. duplicate emails

duplicate emails: How can I stop getting duplicate emails in the Windows 10 mail. I entered 3 different email accts does this cause this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-emails/e79a658e-9c0b-45a7-98e7-f09a6405f3c8
  9. Duplicate emails in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails in Outlook: I am currently receiving all my emails in Outlook in duplicate. This has been happening since i upgraded to Windows 10. I had a number of problems with a previous email address @btinternet.com being spammed, so all my emails to that address are forwarded to my @outlook.com...
  10. Duplicate emails

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails: I have two pop3 emails on btinternet.com . I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 . When I receive an email to one address ,it appears in both !! Can anyone put me right so that an email to one address only goes to that address and not both . Thanks Sid 42538