Windows 10: Duplicate emails for family safety requests

Discus and support Duplicate emails for family safety requests in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my child requests more time because of family safety time limits I receive 3 copies of the email requesting more time, and I receive these 3... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavidES, Jan 5, 2020.

1. DavidES Win User

Duplicate emails for family safety requests

When my child requests more time because of family safety time limits I receive 3 copies of the email requesting more time, and I receive these 3 emails on all adult accounts configured in the family. How do I configure notifications and stop the duplicate emails being sent?

:)

DavidES, Jan 5, 2020

2. Family Safety, More Time Email and Activity Report

Thanks for the update on the current status of your concern and for providing the additional details we requested. Regarding the settings that you need to change in family safety, we suggest that if your email account is designated as an adult in family
    safety to first remove your account then re-add it with the necessary notification settings for the child account. Doing this steps will refresh your email account and will also refresh the notifications that are supposed to be sent to your email.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Family Safety, More Time Email and Activity Report

Hi Greg,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to receive the notifications from Family Safety using your email account. One possible reason is the current settings used by Family Safety as to when notifications are sent. As an
    initial recommendation, we suggest that you reconfigure the account settings under
    Family Safety.

The reason we are requesting this is that usually when an account that manages the Family Safety settings does not receive the notifications, it has to do with the settings on what should be sent out to your email account.This will allow us to realign the
    notification settings of your email account since it was mentioned that the issue started to occur after the recent updates were installed on your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 5, 2020
  4. spillerbd Win User

Request from Family Safety not working, Windows Phone

A request to make a purchase is made on my son's phone. He is notified family safety will not allow him to make the purchase. However I receive no notification that a request has been made.

For an approved purchase this creates additional steps that are unexpected and supposedly unnecessary.

Why am I not notified of the request?

Why cannot I approve the purchase from the Family Safety Site?

spillerbd, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate emails for family safety requests - Similar Threads - Duplicate emails family

2. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  3. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  4. Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization: Both of my kids own a Surface Pro with Family Safety enabled and various content /screen time settings enabled. On my daughter's Surface, she is able to request authorization while at school through Family Safety, which notifies me of the request, and which I can approve from...
  5. Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization: Both of my kids own a Surface Pro with Family Safety enabled and various content /screen time settings enabled. On my daughter's Surface, she is able to request authorization while at school through Family Safety, which notifies me of the request, and which I can approve from...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  10. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...