Windows 10: Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

Discus and support Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ricky464, Nov 5, 2016.

1. ricky464 Win User

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

Hi,

I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows in the "SENT" folder twice but it is only received once by the recipient? Does anyone know why this is taking place and what I can do to correct it? I am neve sure the recipient is getting it once or twice which results in me asking to ensure I am not cluttering up their "Inbox".

Any help on this would be good.

Thanks

:)

ricky464, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Dillybars Win User

Folders

What is the difference between these folders: "Sent Items" (which is starred) and "Sent" - "Deleted Items" and "Trash" My sent emails go into the "Sent Items (starred)" and my deleted emails go into the "Deleted Items" So what are those other two folders
    (Sent and Trash) used for?

Dillybars, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Oowo Win User
    Sync problem, "reduce mailbox size.........."

Hi, I had the exact problem for months & also, my "sent" folder from Outlook wouldnt sync. I sorted out the problem. Look for duplicates and remove them. Also, I had 4 inbox mail attachments folder on my storage card for my email attachments. I had to
    reset my phone anyway so I deleted all the mail attachment folders & started from scratch. Now I only have one folder as I clicked to store on memory card, before any email configuration and syncing took place. Just now, I got that dreaded msg again, "Reduce
    mailbox size, items cannot by synced etc". I looked into my Outlook folders and noticed I had one duplicate in the sen foldet. I got rid of it and now all my email sync again. Try this, it may help. Make sure your folder with the duplicates, if not permanently
    deleted, is not ticked to be synced via Windows Device Centre.

Oowo, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

I'm not sure about Hotmail, I use my Gmail. If for example I install a new email app on my mobile, the app sometimes sets up it's own folders and sometimes they become duplicated in my IMAP account.
    I can go into my Gmail account, then into settings, and untick the folders that I don't want.
    I had two trash folders and had to get rid of one.
    You may have the same sort of thing in Hotmail.
    Here's mine:

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder [​IMG]

Cornishman, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

1. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder - Similar Threads - Duplicate emails Sent

2. Duplication of emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Duplication of emails: Out of the blue receiving triplicate quad, etc. emails. I delete and they keep appearing. How do I get this problem corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplication-of-emails/2368d296-4a1f-4a40-b976-b90aa747051d
  3. Sent emails are missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent emails are missing...: Hello All, I have lost all of my sent emails in the mail and calendar app, and when I send new emails, they are not showing up in the sent folder. I have: -read and tried every suggestion in the forum -connected with a Support person who took control of my computer and...
  4. sent folder contains only a single email

sent folder contains only a single email: this applies to an outlook.com email using a windows 10 phone. And why is there a gigantic delay between typing the letters here and displaying them?...
  5. sent emails folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sent emails folder: How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-emails-folder/d4ab3fa9-df92-4824-818b-efc3aa879da1
  6. Sent Emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...
  7. sent folder

sent folder: Hi When i sent an email to a contact, it works. But 'sent email folder' shows as i sent two emails: one to the contact and one to myself. What's the problem? Thanks Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade...
  8. sent folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sent folder: Hi When i sent an email to a contact, it works. But 'sent email folder' shows as i sent two emails: one to the contact and one to myself. What's the problem? Thanks...
  9. Duplicate emails

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails: I have two pop3 emails on btinternet.com . I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 . When I receive an email to one address ,it appears in both !! Can anyone put me right so that an email to one address only goes to that address and not both . Thanks Sid 42538
  10. Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder: I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail. This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail duplicate sent email imap

2. duplicate emails sent itmes folder