Windows 10: Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

Discus and support Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ricky464, Nov 5, 2016.

1. ricky464 Win User

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

Hi,

I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows in the "SENT" folder twice but it is only received once by the recipient? Does anyone know why this is taking place and what I can do to correct it? I am neve sure the recipient is getting it once or twice which results in me asking to ensure I am not cluttering up their "Inbox".

Any help on this would be good.

Thanks

:)

ricky464, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Dillybars Win User

Folders

What is the difference between these folders: "Sent Items" (which is starred) and "Sent" - "Deleted Items" and "Trash" My sent emails go into the "Sent Items (starred)" and my deleted emails go into the "Deleted Items" So what are those other two folders
    (Sent and Trash) used for?

Dillybars, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Oowo Win User
    Sync problem, "reduce mailbox size.........."

Hi, I had the exact problem for months & also, my "sent" folder from Outlook wouldnt sync. I sorted out the problem. Look for duplicates and remove them. Also, I had 4 inbox mail attachments folder on my storage card for my email attachments. I had to
    reset my phone anyway so I deleted all the mail attachment folders & started from scratch. Now I only have one folder as I clicked to store on memory card, before any email configuration and syncing took place. Just now, I got that dreaded msg again, "Reduce
    mailbox size, items cannot by synced etc". I looked into my Outlook folders and noticed I had one duplicate in the sen foldet. I got rid of it and now all my email sync again. Try this, it may help. Make sure your folder with the duplicates, if not permanently
    deleted, is not ticked to be synced via Windows Device Centre.

Oowo, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

I'm not sure about Hotmail, I use my Gmail. If for example I install a new email app on my mobile, the app sometimes sets up it's own folders and sometimes they become duplicated in my IMAP account.
    I can go into my Gmail account, then into settings, and untick the folders that I don't want.
    I had two trash folders and had to get rid of one.
    You may have the same sort of thing in Hotmail.
    Here's mine:

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder [​IMG]

Cornishman, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

1. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder - Similar Threads - Duplicate emails Sent

2. Folder hyperlink sent through email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder hyperlink sent through email: I think this cannot be done - PLEASE prove me wrong:I have a staff of 20, all with varying windows knowledge. Some have zero. So to make this process as simple as possible would be ideal.I want to send them an email with a document, and also a hyperlink to the folder on their...
  3. Folder hyperlink sent through email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder hyperlink sent through email: I think this cannot be done - PLEASE prove me wrong:I have a staff of 20, all with varying windows knowledge. Some have zero. So to make this process as simple as possible would be ideal.I want to send them an email with a document, and also a hyperlink to the folder on their...
  4. Folder hyperlink sent through email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent

Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  6. Duplicate copies of sent email in my inbox

Duplicate copies of sent email in my inbox: Every time I send an email in the Windows 10 Mail app, I get duplicate copies of that email in my In box? Why is this and how can it be rectified?...
  7. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  8. windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder: I cannot access a file menu either to change the settings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is Windows mail connected to Outlook? I can see the settings there and the box 'save sent email to sent email folder' is ticked. I cannot find such option in windows mail.......
  9. duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account: I received an email that says my tv licence has been cancelled as i did not pay 12 pounds sterling, UK. when i try to delete it from either my inbox, sent or trash folders the message returns - getting inundated - as i delete the email keeps coming back - folders full with...
  10. sent emails folder

sent emails folder: How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-emails-folder/d4ab3fa9-df92-4824-818b-efc3aa879da1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail duplicate sent email imap

2. duplicate emails sent itmes folder