Windows 10: Duplicate emails

Discus and support Duplicate emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have two pop3 emails on btinternet.com . I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 . When I receive an email to one address ,it appears in both !!... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Marsid, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Marsid Win User

Duplicate emails

I have two pop3 emails on btinternet.com .
    I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 . When I receive an email to one address ,it appears in both !!
    Can anyone put me right so that an email to one address only goes to that address and not both .

Thanks

Sid

:)

Marsid, Feb 29, 2016

2. Incoming Gmail coming in duplicated on most Gmails

MS 10 Chrome. last June 6th Gmail delivered 1st duplicated email. By 30th most all coming in duplicated. How to remove duplicated emails.

DougStetson, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Duplicate emails

I have two separate email addresses with two separate accounts on my computer. Recently what ever email is received in A is being duplicated in B. Contacted server. They said it is a setting on my computer. As I have not changed any settings, I am confused
    and frustrated. A should not go to B and B should not go to A.!

Stanley2006, Feb 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Duplicate emails

This could occur if the login details in the account settings for the two accounts have been setup the same. You need to make sure you use the appropriate login details for each separate account. Does an email sent to the other address also appear in both? If so this would suggest you have a "catch-all" email address set up for your accounts.

philc43, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Marsid Win User
    Thanks for reply philc43 .
    I think that may be the issue but what can I do to rectify . I thought of deleting both accounts and starting again........... but if I do that do I lose my contacts and messages ?

Sid

Marsid, Feb 29, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    You should be able to edit the account settings.

1. Open Windows Live Mail

2. Click the email account you want to change.

3. Click the Accounts tab, and then click Properties.

4. Click the Servers tab, type the correct information for your account and then click OK

philc43, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Marsid Win User
    Have done as you suggested but still the same . Could it be the server settings ?

Marsid, Mar 1, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Duplicate emails

You may need to go onto the BT website and access your mail settings by logging in via the BT Mail webpage. It is possible that you have these two accounts linked in some way.

philc43, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Marsid Win User
    Thanks again .
    I think I am going to have to talk to BT . Not looking forward to that as it an Indian help desk and the accents are so thick I have great difficulty in understanding .

Marsid, Mar 1, 2016
  10. Marsid Win User
    UPDATE

Now resolved . It was on settings of Btinternet with the forward message tab being enabled .

Thanks Phil for your assistance .

Marsid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate emails

1. Duplicate emails - Similar Threads - Duplicate emails

2. Receiving Tens of 1000's of Duplicate Emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving Tens of 1000's of Duplicate Emails: I know this isn't technically an MS issue, but I am asking you out of frustration because I have been unable to get help elsewhere. Ok, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, my mailbox began to be populated with 10's of 1000s of duplicate emails. They come from all sources, political...
  3. Receiving Tens of 1000's of Duplicate Emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receiving Tens of 1000's of Duplicate Emails: I know this isn't technically an MS issue, but I am asking you out of frustration because I have been unable to get help elsewhere. Ok, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, my mailbox began to be populated with 10's of 1000s of duplicate emails. They come from all sources, political...
  4. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  5. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  6. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I stop duplicate email headings?

How do I stop duplicate email headings?: How do I stop unnecessary duplicate headings for emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-duplicate-email-headings/313035e3-61b7-463f-a716-cd865e098946
  8. How do I stop duplicate email headings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop duplicate email headings?: How do I stop unnecessary duplicate headings for emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-duplicate-email-headings/313035e3-61b7-463f-a716-cd865e098946
  9. How do I stop duplicate email headings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How to remove duplicate email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate email account: Hi,My laptop has a duplicate email account which make Office unstable and unhappy.In Settings > Accounts > Emails and Account my email appear twice Work or school account.The only difference between both is : one says "All apps can sign me in" and the other "Microsoft apps...