Windows 10: Duplicate entries in Defender ATP

Discus and support Duplicate entries in Defender ATP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Thanks in advance for any information on this issue.As you can see we have duplicate entries in the Security Center showing up. In the below... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeremyb2107, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Duplicate entries in Defender ATP

Hello,Thanks in advance for any information on this issue.As you can see we have duplicate entries in the Security Center showing up. In the below example, there are 4 total entries for this VM. These VMs are deployed through a pipeline. For some reason some are showing up in the workgroup, some are domain joined. The top 2 are domained and you can see the bottom 2 are not. I've purposely marked through any sensitive information but any help on this is happening is appreciated. My thought is that initially through the pipeline they are onboarded and onboarded as workgroup and when they are dom

:)

Jeremyb2107, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Defender ATP

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually we do not suggest to disable Windows Defender feature, Windows Defender ATP protects endpoints from cyber threats; detects advanced attacks and data breaches, automates security incidents, and improves security posture. However, if you
    still wish to disable it, please follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps:

1. Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I).
    2. Then click on Updates & Settings.
    3. Then click on Windows Security.
    4. You can disable Cloud based and automatic submissions.

If you need any additional assistance, then please write back with the following information:

1. What is the exact error message which you are getting?
    2. Is the issue specific to an application?
    3. Could you please
      post a screenshot for a better understanding?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 4, 2021
  3. How to setup window defender ATP?

I would like to know on how to setup window defender ATP

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

PublicMicro, Aug 4, 2021
  4. rnunley Win User

Duplicate entries in Defender ATP

Windows Defender ATP Reboot

I am having an issue with Windows Defender ATP on all my Windows 10, domain joined PCs. After running the on-boarding script, the registry is updated at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations with a number of ATP files.

After a reboot, this key is not reset so the PCs always think they need to be rebooted. If I uninstall ATP the problem goes away. Any suggestions?

Thanks

rnunley, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Duplicate entries in Defender ATP

1. Duplicate entries in Defender ATP - Similar Threads - Duplicate entries Defender

2. Defender ATP for On-Prem Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender ATP for On-Prem Server: Hi,Our company is conducting a POC for multiple EDR solutions for all endpoints including the On-Prem Windows servers and Linux boxes. There is crystal clear information on how to onboard the endpoints to Microsoft Security Center and what kind of licensing is required. An...
  3. Windows Defender ATP service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender ATP service: Favor de ver este error cuando intento hacer un onboarding del WATPC:\WINDOWS\system32>%userprofile%\Desktop\WindowsDefenderATPLocalOnboardingScript This script will onboard this machine to the Windows Defender ATP service. Once completed, the machine should light up in the...
  4. Defender ATP Analysis

Defender ATP Analysis: Is the analysis ie alerting and blocking happening on the endpoints laptops, desktops or in the ATP Cloud console? If the analysis is occurring on the endpoints, will it cause performance issues on all endpoints if it is deployed across ~15,000 devices? If that's the case,...
  5. Defender ATP on beta macOS

Defender ATP on beta macOS: Our company has deployed Microsoft Defender ATP to macOS devices and it works great, but currently deploy to beta macOS is not supported. Is it possible somehow, or is Microsoft planning to support beta macOS with Defender ATP?...
  6. Duplication of entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication of entries: Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but...
  7. Windows Defender ATP Offboarding

Windows Defender ATP Offboarding: Need help with Offboarding 1000 Windows 10 devices from an old 2017 Trial ATP tenant no longer active. Any help would be grateful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-atp-offboarding/a3c0d30e-5c4a-4cd6-9947-6f0ee8e9311d"
  8. Defender ATP

Defender ATP: I tried to submit a question, but it would not let me submit it. What good does it do to have this system if it won't work. Why am I, as an individual home computer user, subject to the strict regulations of Defender ATP? I cannot connect to links that are provided in...
  9. Windows Defender ATP

Windows Defender ATP: What is Sandbox in Windows Defender ATP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-atp/714d1096-97e9-49bb-b825-c2c732ccd642
  10. Duplicate entries in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate entries in registry: I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply? Just a few: [img] 99409