Windows 10: Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

Discus and support Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerHanna_891, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The steps I followed are : In the RUN" dialog box type "regedit" and then : in the registry editor : OPEN THE FOLLOWING :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindowsCurrent Version\ ------ and here is where the snag is : The next choice i should see is "Explorer" but it is not there anymore. I even went b

:)

RogerHanna_891, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Bemark Win User

Drive icons in file exploer navigation pane duplicated

Why are my drive icons duplicated in the file explorer navigation pane on my desktop duplicated? (see below) the duplicated drives are external drives

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane dddf58d5-07a9-4961-a329-21b07dfb964d?upload=true.jpg

Bemark, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

Matthew Wai, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

1. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane - Similar Threads - Duplicate external drive

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  6. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  7. duplcate drive entries in navigation plane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplcate drive entries in navigation plane: I got rid of, but the problem returned, the "duplicate drive listing in the navigation plane" where my flash drive appears twice instead of one icon in the navigation plane. I followed the exact same instructions that worked last time, but ran into a snag this time. The path...
  8. duplcate drive entries in navigation plane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplcate drive entries in navigation plane: I got rid of, but the problem returned, the "duplicate drive listing in the navigation plane" where my flash drive appears twice instead of one icon in the navigation plane. I followed the exact same instructions that worked last time, but ran into a snag this time. The path...
  9. Missing icons and folders in navigation plane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing icons and folders in navigation plane: See the problem in pic picture below when clicking "save as". Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-icons-and-folders-in-navigation-plane/3a1fe190-6766-4676-8955-a4f6778538d9
  10. Duplicate external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate external drives: Hi, Can anybody offer an explanation as to why when I plug in my "WD Ultra Passport "external drive I always get two copies showing in navigation panel, one reading files in descending order, the other in ascending order. They are the same files exactly. If I open MY PC it...