Windows 10: Duplicate external drives

Discus and support Duplicate external drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Can anybody offer an explanation as to why when I plug in my "WD Ultra Passport "external drive I always get two copies showing in navigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rayal, May 4, 2021.

1. Rayal Win User

Duplicate external drives

Hi, Can anybody offer an explanation as to why when I plug in my "WD Ultra Passport "external drive I always get two copies showing in navigation panel, one reading files in descending order, the other in ascending order. They are the same files exactly. If I open MY PC it shows only one external drive. Strange. Using Windows version 20H2,up to date. Tried re-installing windows-to no avail. Any Help Thanks

:)

Rayal, May 4, 2021
  2. NC2016 Win User

Duplicate external Back Up Drive

After the Windows10 was installed on our Windows 8 computer, have now noticed the external back up drive is duplicated and it has stopped backing up (still have plenty of room on storage). Also whenever I plug in a USB stick it shows as duplicated.

Any suggestions for help? If I delete one will the other still be there?

nancy

NC2016, May 4, 2021
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 4, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Duplicate external drives - Similar Threads - Duplicate external drives

2. how to remove duplicate external drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove duplicate external drive letter: How do I remove duplicate external drive letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-external-drive-letter/a24687ca-32af-4462-9c1e-8b92a131a27b
  3. how to remove duplicate external drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove duplicate external drive letter: How do I remove duplicate external drive letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-external-drive-letter/a24687ca-32af-4462-9c1e-8b92a131a27b
  4. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  5. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  6. Duplicate drives

Duplicate drives: I have duplicate drives showing. I have followed advice available on web, but file F5FB2C77- etc is not shown. I have Windows 10 64 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-drives/ad02c082-e92a-4b7f-bdfd-21ab04e80154
  7. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  8. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  9. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

10. File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives: After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed twice in file explorer. This is a common problem, reported many times in forums and community support web sites. Could a solution be to reload file explorer. Is this possible...