Windows 10: Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

Discus and support Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alkaufmann, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these duplicate directories but then my shortcuts no longer work. The backup that I made just 2 days ago does not have these duplicates.

Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents [​IMG]

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    AK

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 16, 2019

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jul 16, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

1. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents - Similar Threads - Duplicate File Directories

2. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: to whom it may concern, hi, I would like help in learning how to delete duplicate files in windows 10 on my laptop, I used ccleaner to find them, but they show 2 files with the same names for a lot of files do I check all the boxes. i'm new at this computer stuff. thank...
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  4. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...
  5. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: how can I get rid of all my duplicate files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/d6843f21-9863-40dd-882b-16e0c63a8dca"
  6. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  7. Duplicate folders in user directory after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in user directory after 1803 update: Anyone else seeing this? The duplicates are actually OneDrive folders. 109495
  8. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903
  9. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons: Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4...
  10. Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory: Hi I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. I typed the following commands: Code: Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<wim_File_Path>\install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Verify /CheckIntegrity Dism /Capture-Image...