Windows 10: Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

Discus and support Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alkaufmann, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these duplicate directories but then my shortcuts no longer work. The backup that I made just 2 days ago does not have these duplicates.

Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents [​IMG]

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    AK

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 16, 2019

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jul 16, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

1. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents - Similar Threads - Duplicate File Directories

2. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  3. Duplicate Files in C:Users\Owner directories ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files in C:Users\Owner directories ???: This is for a Windows10 desktop running Office 365. The C: drive is a smaller SSD drive while the D: drive is a 1TB drive I use for all my file storage including D:Onedrive Pictures; Documents; Movies; Music; etc. I sync all my OneDrive data with the "cloud". I noticed...
  4. Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download

Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download: When I am downloading files, in the file explorer save dialog, it seems that a phantom duplicate directory is created at the bottom of the top directory listing when I download the next file. I then have to either save to the phantom new directory, or scroll to the real...
  5. Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories

Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories: I have the latest win10 build, 20H2 at date 01.12.2020. After a few minutes of using the windows, I have a problem with the explorer: the content of directories does not auto-refresh e.g.when I create new file, file doesn't appear. When I delete file, file doesn'tdisappear....
  6. command line directory contents

command line directory contents: when I use 'dir' to see the contents of a directory, I have two subdirectories, one shows up as " <dir> . " and the next as " <dir> .. " What are these seemingly empty directories?...
  7. Windows 10 - File Explorer creates apparent duplicate directory on file download

Windows 10 - File Explorer creates apparent duplicate directory on file download: When I am downloading files, in the file explorer save dialog, it seems that a phantom duplicate directory is created when I download the next file. The focus is then placed upon this new directory. In Example: I have a top directory, with several sub directories. The...
  8. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents: Can anyone explain this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-cmd-display-different-directory/65706aaf-70fc-4c4f-8558-2338393a3713
  9. File History has created a duplicate directory?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History has created a duplicate directory?: I'm using File History to backup to an NAS. I noticed two days ago a duplicate directory has been created on the NAS at: > ThisPC > Data (\\NAS) (L:) > sxxxe So now in that location I have: JAY-DESKTOPDELL JAY-DESKTOPDELL (2) Why is there now a duplicate directory and how...
  10. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons: Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4...