Windows 10: Duplicate File Explorer Icon

Discus and support Duplicate File Explorer Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnoyedUser2019, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Duplicate File Explorer Icon

After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned icons on the taskbar. All new instances of File Explorer open in a group under the new icon. When I hover over the new icon, it shows as "Windows Explorer". However, when I hover over the original icon, it shows as "File Explorer". Is there a way to fix this so that they all open correctly under the original icon? I have made sure it was pinned correctly and as I said, it's worked fine until now.

:)

AnnoyedUser2019, Mar 1, 2019

2. FILE EXPLORER ICON IN WINDOWS 10 DUPLICATED WHEN FILE EXPLORER OPENS

I have been using Windows 10 for quite some time and recently ran the Windows 10 update. After doing so, I have noticed the File Explorer icon in the taskbar operates differently. It used to operate like the other programs I have pinned, i.e., it would
    lump all opened instances into the same icon and show a line under it indicating the program was in use, but now a duplicate File Explorer icon appears with a line under when the program is in use. All of my other programs continue to operate as before in
    the taskbar, it's only the File Explorer that shows up twice, and it isn't inhibiting my work - but it is highly annoying. Is there a way to make the File Explorer icon in the taskbar operate as it did before and stop duplicating when in use?

Amy Singer, Mar 1, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Duplicate File Explorer Icon

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate File Explorer Icon

1. Duplicate File Explorer Icon - Similar Threads - Duplicate File Explorer

2. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  3. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  5. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  6. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate folders in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in my File Explorer: I know this had been covered long ago. It is impossible for me to find that particular thread. Would someone please tell me how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? Thank you. [img] 168975
  8. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c
  9. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...