Windows 10: Duplicate File folders

Discus and support Duplicate File folders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceBailey, May 11, 2020.

1. Duplicate File folders

I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in:

This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents

The other BAS file is found in:

This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents

Both reference C;\Users\Baile\Documents\BAS

Somehow this BAS file got moved to OneDrive and is now not found in the original places. To which location do I move the BAS?

BTB

:)

BruceBailey, May 11, 2020

2. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, May 11, 2020
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, May 11, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Duplicate File folders

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate File folders

1. Duplicate File folders - Similar Threads - Duplicate File folders

2. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  3. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  4. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  6. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  7. Duplicating folders and files

8. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  9. Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows: Not sure how long it has been this way but I just noticed that I have duplicate windows folders in both the program folder and the program (86) folder. Several have the exact same info inside. [img] 109690
  10. Duplicate files/folders

Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...