Windows 10: Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store

Discus and support Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, just wanted to know. I see rcores64.dat inside the file repository folder in driver store and also in system32, are both necessary? This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steven Campoli, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store

Hey guys, just wanted to know. I see rcores64.dat inside the file repository folder in driver store and also in system32, are both necessary? This is clean install so no old drivers are on this machine, I under stand the one in driver store because that’s where all the drivers are stored...

:)

Steven Campoli, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Mar 16, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store

1. Duplicate file in system 32 and driver store - Similar Threads - Duplicate file system

2. Can I delete duplicate system files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete duplicate system files?: I had moved my files from my OS drive to my DATA drive, because it had more space, and forgot to deselect the system files, and I cannot undo what I did. Is it safe to delete them? 132512
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  4. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...
  5. System 32

in Windows 10 Customization
    System 32: Okay, i've been racking my brain over this for the past few days. My computer was fine, it died, and about an hour later got stuck in the infinite auto repair loop. I've tried every command prompt command I have found on the net, i've tried resetting, i've tried refreshing,...
  6. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  7. System 32

in Windows 10 Customization
    System 32: I was installing Windows 10 and it was stuck stuck at 98% so me being an impatient idiot I turned off my PC and turned it on again it said that Windows 10 was installed but system 32 was deleted, I can't go into settings or the search bar or anything I need help...
  8. Code 32 Error on 1 System Driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Code 32 Error on 1 System Driver: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) how do i fix this as i found out it's on the mainboard of my PC and is there a way to reverse the damage so it can work. 98979
  9. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903
  10. How to install a file into the system 32 file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to install a file into the system 32 file: I need to install the file MSVCR71 into the system 32 file so that I can install a viewer to view some CT and MRI disc of my spine. I have downloaded the file on to my computer so I have it ready to install. 57698