Windows 10: Duplicate File Rename Limit of 100

Discus and support Duplicate File Rename Limit of 100 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a ton of image files for my costuming group that get posted and I download. Because of how they are saved on our forums, I am often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sub780lime, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Duplicate File Rename Limit of 100

Hi all,

I've got a ton of image files for my costuming group that get posted and I download. Because of how they are saved on our forums, I am often working with with 100's of files that have the same name. As an example, I would have "DCIM_0001", and then "DCIM_0001(1)", "DCIM_0001(2)", and so forth. Since I need these all in the same place (same folder), I just allow windows to handle the naming on save down. If I am saving to the same folder in succession it just adds parenthetical enumeration to the file name. Well, I found that there is a limit in windows when doing this. If I try to save an image to the folder and I have 101 versions of that file name already saved (all the way up to "DCIM_0001(100)"), windows will no longer continue enumerating the file names. Instead it populates the base file name from the forums, "DCIM_0001", and since that file already exists and I don't want to save over it, I have to manually update the file name to "DCIM_0001(101)".

Has anybody else run into this? I figure I could use a mass file renamer to add additional numeration or something else to the name and do that every 100 files, but that's a hassle too. Just curious if I can change this 100 limit. I don't believe windows 7 had this.

:)

sub780lime, Mar 23, 2017

2. Searching and Tagging in Photos App (Win 10)?

Thanks its not easy.....

using one app to delete duplicated

then another to rename the files to date time stamp

then picasa

red dwarf4ever, Mar 23, 2017
  3. window would rename duplicate files in a folder... but it does not work anymore?

window would rename duplicate files in a folder... with a ".1' or was it "-1"

but it does not work anymore?

why... have i got a setting wrong?

bobinhouston, Mar 23, 2017
Thema:

Duplicate File Rename Limit of 100

1. Duplicate File Rename Limit of 100 - Similar Threads - Duplicate File Rename

2. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  3. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  4. AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE: Hallo. I have an issue with my file in sharing folder. the file keep auto duplicate and renamed to the new file with version in the last name "1"example : sh01.blend duplicate and renamed to sh01 01.blendwhy is this happen and how do i stop this automatic file versioning...
  5. AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE: Hallo. I have an issue with my file in sharing folder. the file keep auto duplicate and renamed to the new file with version in the last name "1"example : sh01.blend duplicate and renamed to sh01 01.blendwhy is this happen and how do i stop this automatic file versioning...
  6. AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Always rename files when duplicates are detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always rename files when duplicates are detected: Say I paste a file called file.jpg into a folder with file.jpg already existing in this folder. Since I think Windows 8 it will bring up a new UI for the "this file already exists" dialogue, to which I can only choose to append a number to the file by hitting "compare info...
  8. Renaming files in batch causes duplicate names for different format files

Renaming files in batch causes duplicate names for different format files: Let's say I have a folder with 5 jpeg images and 5 png images, select them all, and rename them, to 'Photo', instead of going from 'Photo 1' to 'Photo 10', it names the png files up to 5 and then the jpeg files up to 5, meaning I end up with duplicate names such as 'Photo 5'...
  9. Character limit when renaming files

Character limit when renaming files: Hi all, windows just updated it's self and now i cant rename a file more than 26 characters, where is this option to change this? THanks! submitted by /u/ameic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htbcz2/character_limit_when_renaming_files/
  10. Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names

in Windows 10 Support
    Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names: I have a new laptop, so unless this is some weird feature that's specific to the laptop, then I assume it's a Windows 10 settings issue because I've never encountered anything like this before. I downloaded several JPGs and PDFs from various emails and began to change the...