Windows 10: Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

Discus and support Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate file after syncing, other than wasting tons of time making sure your not deleting what you just saved and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TobiSherman, May 4, 2019.

1. Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate file after syncing, other than wasting tons of time making sure your not deleting what you just saved and synced?

:)

TobiSherman, May 4, 2019
  2. MT-PMI Win User

OneDrive syncing duplicate folders

OneDrive keeps notifying "duplicate files" but is not saving both folders, cannot even find duplicates and will not stop syncing.

We have this connected to a network with multiple PCs. How to fix the synching issue and duplicate files?

MT-PMI, May 4, 2019
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, May 4, 2019
  4. Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

Systemn Image Restore - "Duplicate" Files

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in restoring the backed up files on your device as duplicates are created. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This appears that these files are from OneDrive folder. The duplicates are created because of sync related issues. The blue sync that you see is that the file is still syncing to the OneDrive cloud.

So first, you can refer to the below article for sync related issues and check if it helps.

Fix OneDrive sync problems
    with Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

I suggest you to clear Upload Center cache from OneDrive and check if it helps.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and open Upload Center for Office.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on 'Delete Cached Files for Office.'
    • Click OK and check if the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

1. Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive - Similar Threads - Duplicate files syncing

2. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  3. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  4. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  5. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices: My company recently switched from Syncplicity to OneDrive. Syncplicity would synchronize my desktops across multiple devices so if I added/modified a file located on Desktop A, it would sync and be added/modified on Desktop B. I would like to know if OneDrive can do this and...
  6. OneDrive Duplication of files

OneDrive Duplication of files: Hi, Im'using Onedrive for years without mistake before. Since some days, I encounter a big problem with OneDrive. I manage a lot of pictures using the keywords. Since few days, each files with modified keyword are duplicated into the Onedrive folder into my computer. If...
  7. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  8. Onedrive duplicate files

Onedrive duplicate files: Hello: Why do one drive duplicate or triple files. And my storage always full. Is their a setting to stop one drive from duplicating files.? Patricia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-duplicate-files/d970026d-2ba2-4fc2-a2d0-bbcb753add7b"
  9. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  10. OneDrive creates duplicate files when syncing PC to cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive creates duplicate files when syncing PC to cloud: This has been a problem for more than a year. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm using version 18.111.0603.0004 of OneDrive. I'm using Office 365, but I stay signed off. OneDrive, while syncing, will encounter merge conflicts, and without asking me, OneDrive will then copy an older...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive keeps saying that I am creating duplicate documents when I am not

2. onedrive creates copy files after 1903 update