Windows 10: Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

Discus and support Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I delete all the duplicate audio files in my Media Player? I have the library where its pulling from one location and I still have a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaRiley2, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

How can I delete all the duplicate audio files in my Media Player? I have the library where its pulling from one location and I still have a bunch of duplicates. Is there an app to download that'll remove the duplicate files??

:)

JoshuaRiley2, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Windows Media Player location for duplicate removal

Hi Ron,

The Windows Media Player supports common media file types. To find its location in Windows 10, click
    here.

To delete duplicate files in the Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Gather the media files. Press the Alt key to show the hidden menu bar, then select
      File > Manage Libraries > Music.
    • You’ll see the default location on the screen. Add new folders containing all the media files. Once you’ve added them, click
      OK.
    • Click the Title column head. This will rearrange all the media items in ascending manner.
    • Right-click a duplicate media file, then choose Open file location. Delete the file from File Explorer.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Joan Pin, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

Window Media Player creating duplicate songs?

Hi,

I have Windows Media Player ver. 12.0.7601.24499 running under Win 7 Home Premium on a HP laptop (several years old). I like the player but it seems to create duplicate listings of every song in my album listings...2 no. 1 songs, 2 no. 2 songs, etc..for
    every albumsong I have listed for it to play. I've tried deleting the duplicates but when I reopen the player, it just re-creates the duplicates. Any answer for this?

thanks

bluguitarman, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

1. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player - Similar Threads - Duplicate Files everywhere

2. Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python: Hello,Microsoft is causing me incredible frustration with their Windows Media Player program.Although it's simplistic and not advanced, I like to use it for its clean interface and ability to not miss files when they are moved.But it seems that its strength is also its...
  3. Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player automatic playlist with Python: Hello,Microsoft is causing me incredible frustration with their Windows Media Player program.Although it's simplistic and not advanced, I like to use it for its clean interface and ability to not miss files when they are moved.But it seems that its strength is also its...
  4. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  5. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  6. Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files: I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up with two copies of my music folder. Now, when I look through my songs, I see two copies of each one. I renamed one of the...
  7. windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it

windows 10 media player duplicates files, hoe do i stop it: me stop the file duplication https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-duplicates-files-hoe-do-i/cc815e92-2bf2-4799-89bd-e910e3ab601d"
  8. Desktop.ini files duplicating everywhere are breaking my computer

Desktop.ini files duplicating everywhere are breaking my computer: Hello I have been experiencing this issue for a while now with the desktop.ini files duplicating themselves all over and they cause my windows 10 build to break. What should I do? RogueNeon...
  9. Media Player File Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player File Issue: We use Media Player for our stored music library. There are approximately 250,000 individual audio files in the library. Media Player consistently cannot "find" the files and reports that the files are "missing", which they are not. The same files when access from a play list...
  10. Media player duplicates

Media player duplicates: Hey tech heads I need help I recently reformatted my hdd and used a recovery programme to dig up old deleted music files and restore them I've downloaded them to my one drive account but when I open media player I have duplicate some are triplicate so I used a de dupe...