Windows 10: Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

Discus and support Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to have the OpenVPN-GUI open on boot so I may have caused two copies to appear in the Startup folder. In any case, it does not open on boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TopGeek, Oct 24, 2015.

1. TopGeek Win User

Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

I wanted to have the OpenVPN-GUI open on boot so I may have caused two copies to appear in the Startup folder. In any case, it does not open on boot and I have to start it manually. On the other hand, there is only a disable function so I wanted to know if there is any way to remove unneeded entries. Any guidance would be appreciated.

:)

TopGeek, Oct 24, 2015
  2. JLCLLC Win User

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Try using "*Copy" in the search box of the folder you are working on. Select the files in the search results and delete.

Also try *[*] in the search box, sometimes the file names are appended with a number in brackets.

JLCLLC, Oct 24, 2015
  3. BJ 368 Win User
    After I upgraded to Win 10, I had duplicate files in the docx format and they seem to have an added extension for example FILE NAME -F708CP05

After I upgraded to Win 10 I noticed that I had duplicate files in the docx format and they seem to have an added extension for example FILE NAME -F708CP05. What is purpose of the duplicated file?

Original title: Upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7

BJ 368, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

1. Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder - Similar Threads - Duplicate files Startup

2. Duplicate folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folders: How do I prevent my folders to duplicate. I have several folders that is duplicated with -DESKTOP at the end of the name and then the original folder is still there, but with no files in it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Helga...
  3. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  4. REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10: Hi, I'm back. My laptop is running slow at times. It takes a minute to boot up and it'll freeze up at times on a webpage. When I try to close the page it doesn't close immediately. I would have to click the "X" several times but it closes. I know I have duplicate...
  5. duplicate files when copying folder with GUI

duplicate files when copying folder with GUI: When I try copy user folders quite often I get the message that folder/file already exists, I copy c:\program data or c:\users user folders from one hard drive to a brand new computer with brand new hard disk, so that folder/file absolutely sure doesn't exist on the new one,...
  6. Duplicate folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate folders: Why is there a duplicate folder of my desktop folder (stored on my main C Drive) in my User account? If I try to delete anything from the User/Desktop folder it also deletes it from the desktop folder stored on my main C Drive! Is this User Folder necessary? Is it taking up...
  7. Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows: Not sure how long it has been this way but I just noticed that I have duplicate windows folders in both the program folder and the program (86) folder. Several have the exact same info inside. [img] 109690
  8. Duplicate files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...
  9. Duplicate folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders: Thanks for having me on these boards. This is a new laptop preinstalled with W10 x64. Under 'This PC' I have a bunch of folders: 3D objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. Under 'Users/howar': I have the same set of folders plus some more,...
  10. Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files: Hi It's my first post here, so be gentle. I did also look to see if I could find another thread before firing off this email. I'm having an issue with a user's profile duplicating multiple versions of the same files in their Desktop folder etc. Anytime I delete the...