Windows 10: Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

Discus and support Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to have the OpenVPN-GUI open on boot so I may have caused two copies to appear in the Startup folder. In any case, it does not open on boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TopGeek, Oct 24, 2015.

1. TopGeek Win User

Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

I wanted to have the OpenVPN-GUI open on boot so I may have caused two copies to appear in the Startup folder. In any case, it does not open on boot and I have to start it manually. On the other hand, there is only a disable function so I wanted to know if there is any way to remove unneeded entries. Any guidance would be appreciated.

:)

TopGeek, Oct 24, 2015
  2. JLCLLC Win User

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Try using "*Copy" in the search box of the folder you are working on. Select the files in the search results and delete.

Also try *[*] in the search box, sometimes the file names are appended with a number in brackets.

JLCLLC, Oct 24, 2015
  3. BJ 368 Win User
    After I upgraded to Win 10, I had duplicate files in the docx format and they seem to have an added extension for example FILE NAME -F708CP05

After I upgraded to Win 10 I noticed that I had duplicate files in the docx format and they seem to have an added extension for example FILE NAME -F708CP05. What is purpose of the duplicated file?

Original title: Upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7

BJ 368, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

1. Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder - Similar Threads - Duplicate files Startup

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10: Hi I have a query hopefully someone can help with.When opening Explorer and saving files etc It appears I have duplicate locations which is confusing as when I create a folder or file in one location it does not show in the duplicate if I open that . for instance these are...
  6. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10: Hi I have a query hopefully someone can help with.When opening Explorer and saving files etc It appears I have duplicate locations which is confusing as when I create a folder or file in one location it does not show in the duplicate if I open that . for instance these are...
  7. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

8. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  9. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  10. Duplicate files/folders

Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...