Windows 10: Duplicate Files under This PC

Discus and support Duplicate Files under This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tf330129, Dec 8, 2019.

1. tf330129 Win User

Duplicate Files under This PC

Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images for context

Duplicate Files under This PC [​IMG] Duplicate Files under This PC fe97bb0a-6add-42db-89e2-cc3a27d8b9e1?upload=true.png

:)

tf330129, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Dec 8, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Duplicate Files under This PC

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Files under This PC

1. Duplicate Files under This PC - Similar Threads - Duplicate Files under

2. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access. [img] In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with...
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: to whom it may concern, hi, I would like help in learning how to delete duplicate files in windows 10 on my laptop, I used ccleaner to find them, but they show 2 files with the same names for a lot of files do I check all the boxes. i'm new at this computer stuff. thank...
  4. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  5. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  6. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...
  7. duplicate files

duplicate files: how can I get rid of all my duplicate files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/d6843f21-9863-40dd-882b-16e0c63a8dca"
  8. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  9. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....