Windows 10: Duplicate Files under This PC

Discus and support Duplicate Files under This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tf330129, Dec 8, 2019.

1. tf330129 Win User

Duplicate Files under This PC

Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images for context

Duplicate Files under This PC [​IMG] Duplicate Files under This PC fe97bb0a-6add-42db-89e2-cc3a27d8b9e1?upload=true.png

:)

tf330129, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Dec 8, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Duplicate Files under This PC

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Files under This PC

1. Duplicate Files under This PC - Similar Threads - Duplicate Files under

2. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  3. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  4. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  5. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  6. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate files on pc

Duplicate files on pc: I'm looking for a trusted program to remove duplicate files from my pc. I'm wary of downloading malware so would appreciate help in choosing a safe program. Many thanks...
  8. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access. [img] In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with...
  9. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....