Windows 10: Duplicate files

Discus and support Duplicate files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J. C. Meyers, Sep 14, 2018.

1. J. C. Meyers Win User

Duplicate files

Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10?

:)

J. C. Meyers, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Sep 14, 2018
  3. SteveWahlstrom Win User
    How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 14, 2018
  4. SteveWahlstrom Win User

Duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate files

1. Duplicate files - Similar Threads - Duplicate files

2. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files: In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?...
  3. OneDrive creates duplicate files when syncing PC to cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive creates duplicate files when syncing PC to cloud: This has been a problem for more than a year. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm using version 18.111.0603.0004 of OneDrive. I'm using Office 365, but I stay signed off. OneDrive, while syncing, will encounter merge conflicts, and without asking me, OneDrive will then copy an older...
  4. Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files/Folders In Windows: Not sure how long it has been this way but I just noticed that I have duplicate windows folders in both the program folder and the program (86) folder. Several have the exact same info inside. [img] 109690
  5. Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr: I have a folder with many duplicate image files. I want to keep one of each duplicate (triplicate and more). How do I find the extra files and delete them? Thanks....... 97305
  6. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

CCleaner Duplicate File Finder: I looked at the duplicates and all have the same name and in some files, the path is slightly different. The bytes and the time are all identical. Half of the duplicates show two files which includes the original or latetess file and the program only allows me to mark one for...
  7. What's the most accurate software to detect duplicate files?

What's the most accurate software to detect duplicate files?: I have tried using CCleaner but it doesn't find truly duplicate files... What I want is something that will tell me which files are true duplicates. If my question is unclear or needs elaboration please let me know. 105825
  8. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903
  9. Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions: That's a relief, is the ransomware PROTECTION, on Acronis very good? If I may continue with my original reason for posting, for some reason my computer became near unusable and I installed clones of each drive, then the problem with duplicate files, I could not find a...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...