Windows 10: Duplicate files

Discus and support Duplicate files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J. C. Meyers, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Duplicate files

Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10?

:)

J. C. Meyers, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Sep 14, 2018
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate files

1. Duplicate files - Similar Threads - Duplicate files

2. Desktop.ini files duplicating everywhere are breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop.ini files duplicating everywhere are breaking my computer: Hello I have been experiencing this issue for a while now with the desktop.ini files duplicating themselves all over and they cause my windows 10 build to break. What should I do? RogueNeon...
  3. File Management, moving files temporarily? creating duplicates?

File Management, moving files temporarily? creating duplicates?: Hello, I'm currently completing a project that involves managing thousands of files. I have a couple questions, curiosities that would help me out heaps if someone knows that these are possible actions. :) 1. I'm wondering if there is a way using Windows (or...
  4. When I hold CTRL to select multiple files, i notice all of a sudden duplicates are being made

When I hold CTRL to select multiple files, i notice all of a sudden duplicates are being made: I am trying to select photos from my PICTURES folder on my PC with Windows 10 and I want to make a copy eventually paste them on to an SD card. I started to select some and after about 10 pictures, I realized the computer started to make duplicates of the selected ones and...
  5. Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name

Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name: This was sort of asked before, but the discussion closed by administration without an answer being found: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/onedrive-creates-duplicate-file-name-with-pc-name/18f1fd5c-b217-49ee-8552-fa118a25bf1e?page=1. I use...
  6. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...
  7. Onedrive duplicate files

Onedrive duplicate files: Hello: Why do one drive duplicate or triple files. And my storage always full. Is their a setting to stop one drive from duplicating files.? Patricia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-duplicate-files/d970026d-2ba2-4fc2-a2d0-bbcb753add7b"
  8. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  9. Duplicate File Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate File Explorer Icon: After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned icons on the taskbar. All new instances of File Explorer open in a group under the new icon. When I hover over the new icon, it...
  10. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...