Windows 10: Duplicate files

Discus and support Duplicate files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrysutt, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Duplicate files

In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16.
    In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted?

:)

Terrysutt, Dec 21, 2017
  2. PeggyKerr Win User

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Hello,

You did not answer the question completely. You said it finds duplicate files.

Does it find duplicate files and compare what is in each file, or does it find duplicate file names only?

Respectfully

PeggyKerr, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Duplicate files

Right-click on it and select Properties. The Details tab should tell you what it is and which company wrote it. The Digital Signatures tab may show more information, assuming it's digitally signed.

5. Terrysutt Win User
    Thanks Bree,i`ll take a look.

Terrysutt, Dec 21, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Only reference I could find is to one component of Nero. But there shouldn't be multiple copies.

AndreTen, Dec 22, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    That's only 56MB of files. I would not mess with them since they take up so little room. If you are determined to do so then please make an image backup using Macrium Reflect first so if something does go wrong, recovery is only 20 to 30 minutes away.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate files

1. Duplicate files - Similar Threads - Duplicate files

2. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  4. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  6. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  7. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  8. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  9. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

10. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...