Windows 10: Duplicate files

Discus and support Duplicate files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I eliminate many duplicate files designated xyz.copy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanWire, Dec 9, 2020.

1. JanWire Win User

Duplicate files

How can I eliminate many duplicate files designated xyz.copy?

:)

JanWire, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Dec 9, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate files

1. Duplicate files - Similar Threads - Duplicate files

2. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  3. .Docx and other office related files duplicated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .Docx and other office related files duplicated: Hi, when I open a office file, a copy of it, but less visible appears and I'm concerned about it, it is a virus? If yes, what can I do about it?...
  4. Duplicate files

Duplicate files: Hi. Have notice that everytime I finish working on any documen be it word, excel or powerpoint and close such a document, the same file duplicates in the same saved name but with a symbol ~$ in front of the file name. And if I check on the properties of the same ~$ files it...
  5. No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10: When copying files from one folder to another, the OS always warns if there is another folder or file with the same name. It is one of the prominent features of File Explorer, which makes sure the same files are not overwritten without consent. In case you are not receiving...
  6. duplicate files - HELP!

duplicate files - HELP!: I seem to have some quite large duplicate files on my PC I run W10. Thing is, I'm running out of hard disk space. I have a large hard drive 128GB and I store lots of information on the cloud but I'm never sure if it's on the cloud as well as my PC! I also have two external...
  7. duplicate files

duplicate files: This is a puzzler. Apple tech couldn't figure it out. Itunes for Windows shows many duplicate songs in my Music folder. Too many to delete individually. So I tried not one but six different duplicate file finder apps. None could find duplicates. They are there. I can see them...
  8. Duplicate Files in C:Users\Owner directories ???

Duplicate Files in C:Users\Owner directories ???: This is for a Windows10 desktop running Office 365. The C: drive is a smaller SSD drive while the D: drive is a 1TB drive I use for all my file storage including D:Onedrive Pictures; Documents; Movies; Music; etc. I sync all my OneDrive data with the "cloud". I noticed...
  9. Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files: I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up with two copies of my music folder. Now, when I look through my songs, I see two copies of each one. I renamed one of the...
  10. Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download

Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download: When I am downloading files, in the file explorer save dialog, it seems that a phantom duplicate directory is created at the bottom of the top directory listing when I download the next file. I then have to either save to the phantom new directory, or scroll to the real...