Windows 10: Duplicate files

Discus and support Duplicate files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the best way to find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10? Is there a built-in tool? If not, what is the best free app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emagbrad, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Emagbrad Win User

Duplicate files

What is the best way to find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10? Is there a built-in tool? If not, what is the best free app?

:)

Emagbrad, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Dec 28, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate files

1. Duplicate files - Similar Threads - Duplicate files

2. Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop: Hi, I recently noticed that some of my Folders and files duplicates into my desktop. For example Spotify shortcut that is located at C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or some of my repos from Github that are locally stored and much more...
  3. Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop: Hi, I recently noticed that some of my Folders and files duplicates into my desktop. For example Spotify shortcut that is located at C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or some of my repos from Github that are locally stored and much more...
  4. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  5. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  6. duplicate files

7. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  8. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  9. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  10. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...