Windows 10: duplicate files

Discus and support duplicate files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a puzzler. Apple tech couldn't figure it out. Itunes for Windows shows many duplicate songs in my Music folder. Too many to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antidisestablishmentarini, Apr 27, 2021.

1. duplicate files

This is a puzzler. Apple tech couldn't figure it out. Itunes for Windows shows many duplicate songs in my Music folder. Too many to delete individually. So I tried not one but six different duplicate file finder apps. None could find duplicates. They are there. I can see them in File Explorer. But I can't locate them with an app that would let me batch delete. Does anyone have an explanation or a fix?

:)

antidisestablishmentarini, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Apr 27, 2021
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 27, 2021
  4. duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

duplicate files

1. duplicate files - Similar Threads - duplicate files

2. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  3. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  4. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  5. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  6. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

7. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  8. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  9. File Folder Structures Duplicated

10. How to delete duplicate files with "1" in their name?

How to delete duplicate files with "1" in their name?: I've been downloading ROM packs and they have multiple games with the same name but with "1" after. Is there a way to delete just files in that folder with "1"? Or even delete files with similar names? Any advice is greatly appreciated!...