Windows 10: Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Discus and support Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JordanWhitworth, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder.

:)

JordanWhitworth, Nov 23, 2019

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Nov 23, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Nov 23, 2019
  4. agent99 Win User

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the clean install. She logs into her computer using a local log-in.

My question relates to Onedrive, Dropbox, This PC and User-gerry for documents, pictures etc

What I find, is that there are folders for documents and pictures, in Dropbox, Onedrive and in This PC. There are no such folders under users-gerry, but Dropbox and Onedrive are there.

For example:
    Onedrive
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - Desktop
    - others
    Dropbox
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - others
    This PC
    - Document
    - Pictures
    - others
    Users-->Gerry
    - Dropbox
    - Onedrive
    - others, but no separate documents or pictures folders

I tried changing the name of one file in Dropbox Documents, but that change did not show up in Onedrive or the This PC folder. I could do some more testing, but it seemed folders are not synchronized.

The above resulted from doing a clean install to a new drive, then copying the key folders over from old Win 10 drive that I put in an external enclosure.

What I am looking for, is a way to make sure that all folders are at least synchronized and in proper locations.

Thanks for any help

agent99, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

1. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox) - Similar Threads - Duplicate Folders OneDrive

2. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  3. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  4. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  5. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  6. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  7. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  8. Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]OneDrive is regarded as one of the leading cloud storage services. It is most used by the enterprise bundled along with the Office 365 subscription -although, there are many users who use it for their personal accounts as well. One [...] This post Duplicate...
  9. onedrive duplicating my folders...

onedrive duplicating my folders...: Hi. Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway! Please don't ask...
  10. Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox: When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate onedrive in file explorer