Windows 10: Duplicate Folders under This PC

Discus and support Duplicate Folders under This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Midnightraven, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete the duplicate folder of Video without deleting the videos where I store them.

:)

Midnightraven, Mar 14, 2019

2. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders in “This PC” but no names

I have problems with your steps:

step 1: I didn't have a joint homegroup folders.

step 2: pasting shell:UsersFilesFolder gives me an error, it says it can't find it and I should check the spelling.

step 3: which one is the personal folder in this situation.

to answer your questions:

1. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I assume the problem started when I did a PC cleanup with "360 security" software.

2. Are there any documents under the duplicated folders or GUID folders?

the one I should in the pictures doesn't have anything in it, not even properties. Other than the registry address that is shown in the address bar.

It seems that windows recovered from the situation by making a duplicate folder and putting everything in there but didn't know what to do with the original damaged folder "the one in the picture" so it just left it there. but that's my assumption.

MohammedAl-Safwan, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Folders under This PC

1. Duplicate Folders under This PC - Similar Threads - Duplicate Folders under

2. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  3. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  4. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/make43 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijzwmu/how_to_remove_blank_duplicate_icons_under_this_pc/
  6. Duplicate Files under This PC

Duplicate Files under This PC: Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images...
  7. Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc: Happened when shuffling my Videos folder about from one location to a temp location then back again. Cosmetic, really - but annoying. One shows as Videos, the other as is location, F:/; only the first appears in the right column display. See below [img] 136696
  8. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access. [img] In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with...
  9. Videos Folder under This PC

Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....